Thread: 1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

I'm looking for a non-profit organization, preferably a school or museum, that I can donate a 1963 Clydesdale Large Process camera to. The machine, track and all, measures just over 18' in length and about 6' high. It comes with everything to make it work. Recipient needs proof or organization, ability to transport the device, and the machine will probably need recalibrated once it's reassembled at its new home. Feel free to contact me at (586) 651-9144 or by e-mail at jason112083@yahoo.com. Due to late notification, if I can't find a new home for this machine by the middle of next week it's sadly going to be cut up for scrap steel. I posted this in a few threads because it's somewhat of an emergency. My apologies.

Re: 1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

Just as an addendum: This is coming from Bloomington, IN. After talking with the lady in charge of finances this afternoon, it looks like it can be donated to anyone, if I understood correctly. If you're interested in taking it as a donation please reply and I'll see what I can do on Monday. No guarantees, just in case I misunderstood, I'll do what I can. Please keep in mind that recipient is responsible for moving the unit and it comes as-is with no guarantees. After reassembly it will likely need recalibrated.
    Last edited by thunder_bomb; 6-Aug-2010 at 17:34. Reason: Mistake in original reply

Nicholas O. Lindan

You may want to resign yourself to rendering it for scrap. Remove the lens first, though.

Small process cameras still have some use in the arts. The monsters used for newspaper work are in no demand.

That said, there is one photographer using a small town paper's camera for portraits - see photofinishing forum:
    http://www.thomaslockehobbs.com/sentinel/

Unfortunately you camera has little worth these days. I've personally sent 3 to the scrape heap at work. I tried to give away the 11x14 Robinson and 20x24 vertical Kodak cameras, but no one wanted them. I wanted the 11x14 for my darkroom, but it wouldn't fit. Be sure to salvage the lenses and if you want to print large the vacuum back can be converted into a vacuum easel. Good Luck.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

I converted a smaller one into an enlarger. (used the vaccuum back as an easel)
    If you end up scrapping it out I'd salvage the bellows as well as the lens.
    Some process cameras also have a Packard shutter behind the lens, (inside the bellows)
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

I almost cried when they scrapped the Robertson process camera where i retired from. I did get the lens and a bunch of other darkroom stuff though.