Thread: 1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

I'm looking for a non-profit organization, preferably a school or museum, that I can donate a 1963 Clydesdale Large Process camera to. The machine, track and all, measures just over 18' in length and about 6' high. It comes with everything to make it work. Recipient needs proof or organization, ability to transport the device, and the machine will probably need recalibrated once it's reassembled at its new home. Feel free to contact me at (586) 651-9144 or by e-mail at jason112083@yahoo.com. Due to late notification, if I can't find a new home for this machine by the middle of next week it's sadly going to be cut up for scrap steel. All I need is interest from a potential recipient to delay the scrapping process.

Re: 1963 Clydesdale Process Donation

Quote Originally Posted by thunder_bomb View Post
    I'm looking for a non-profit organization, preferably a school or museum, that I can donate a 1963 Clydesdale Large Process camera to.

Recipient needs proof or organization, ability to transport the device,

if I can't find a new home for this machine by the middle of next week it's sadly going to be cut up for scrap steel.
    funny. needs proof of organization....and then a few lines later it may go for scrap?!?!?

so, where may you be located? etc etc? hhhmmm?
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    funny. needs proof of organization....and then a few lines later it may go for scrap?!?!?

so, where may you be located? etc etc? hhhmmm?
    It's often the case with some companies/organisations to ensure employees aren't stealing or lining their pockets. It's part of the audit trail, sometimes they can't be seen to giving free to a private individual.

The situation is more likely when the original item came from public funding, a college, University, Hospital etc, Government department (local or National) etc.

Ian

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

What Ian says is EXACTLY the case for any company I've worked for when donating surplus equipment. Even wioth equipment of $0 value. Also, if there is any residual value in the goods they may want to take a tax deduction, which requires proof of donation, non-profit status, etc.

Area code 586 is the telephone area code serving Macomb County in the Metro Detroit area, located in the state of Michigan. (from a quick google search).

Just as an addendum: This is coming from Bloomington, IN. After talking with the lady in charge of finances this afternoon, it looks like it can be donated to anyone, if I understood correctly. If you're interested in taking it as a donation please reply and I'll see what I can do on Monday. No guarantees, just in case I misunderstood, I'll do what I can. Please keep in mind that recipient is responsible for moving the unit and it comes as-is with no guarantees. After reassembly it will likely need recalibrated. The cell phone is my personal number, listed because I won't have access to the work phone over the weekend.
    Last edited by thunder_bomb; 6-Aug-2010 at 17:33. Reason: mistake in original reply