Thread: Deleting Prints In An Epson 3800 Cache

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deleting Prints In An Epson 3800 Cache

In the course of trying to fix a printing problem with my Epson 3800 printer I sent 20 or so documents to print. None of them printed so they're stored in the printer's cache or whatever it's called. I've now fixed the problem but I don't want to use the ink and paper it would take to print all these documents, I'd like to just delete them from the printer's cache without printing them. I've skimmed the printer manual, reviewed the FAQs at the Epson web site, and searched Epson's "help" section but I've found nothing that says how to do this seemingly simple task. Before I go through the difficulty of locating someone at Epson Tech Support who can help, I was wondering whether by chance someone here knows how to do this.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Re: Deleting Prints In An Epson 3800 Cache

Brian--If you're running Windows, there should be a printer icon in the tray on the bottom right of your screen. Double click on the printer icon and it will open into a dialog box with a listing of all the pending print jobs. Click on each print job and then click on Document|Cancel in the menu of the dialog box. That should do it, if the documents are in your computer's cache.

Re: Deleting Prints In An Epson 3800 Cache

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    Brian--If you're running Windows, there should be a printer icon in the tray on the bottom right of your screen. Double click on the printer icon and it will open into a dialog box with a listing of all the pending print jobs. Click on each print job and then click on Document|Cancel in the menu of the dialog box. That should do it, if the documents are in your computer's cache.
    Thanks Barry. Epson actually responded a little earlier, they said to go to Control Panel, open the 3800 in Printers and Faxes, and delete each job. Unfortunately before receiving either their message or yours I just bit the bullet and printed them all out - not too bad since most were short documents.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.