Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danville haunted bridge

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Re: Danville haunted bridge

Hello J.,

Yeah, I know what you mean.. Before they built the more direct road to this bridge you could only access it from a remote country road that lead southwest out of town .
    You had to make sure you turned left at the Baker funeral home and wind around for about a mile till you reached an old iron bridge that crossed White Lick Creek..
    As you got to the road bridge you looked to your right and there it was just looming right over you and cold chills would just run down your spine.
    You had to ask, "are we going up there"? I had to just keep telling myself, "It's just a bridge"! Course this was the first time I was there and I've been back many times but there was nothing like that first time! and pitch black out
    regards
    steve

I really do apologize about debunking a good story here. And with my very first post! But I watched the video, and it's obvious to me that it's not a rock moving in the background. It's a leaf, most likely, blowing in the wind. Those roaring microphone sounds reveal that it was a windy day. Even if it was somehow windy enough to send stray pebbles downwind, a rock moving at that speed would ricochet when it hit the obstruction, because it would have too much mass & momentum to stop so easily.

More to the point, I enjoyed your photos. Especially the first one, with reflections (?) that create a strong but illogical architecture of man-made and natural elements. Now that's spooky...

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Hello John,

No need to apologize and to be honest I thought leaf but the object is white in color and the leaves here are still very green.. Also the object has a skipping motion(showing some weight) even as it slows down.. Very un-leaf like
    Thank you for your input..
    regards
    steve