Thread: John Sexton Exhibit, Lecture, Opening Reception

John Sexton Exhibit, Lecture, Opening Reception

exhibition John Sexton: A Photographer’s Journey will be on display at the Center for Photographic Art in Carmel, California from July 3 through August 27, 2010. The last time I had a large exhibition of my work in my own “backyard” was my exhibition at the Monterey Museum of Art in 1994. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to share images with my many photographic friends and neighbors here on the Monterey Peninsula. If your travel plans will bring you to this area, I hope you will take the opportunity to come by and see the exhibition.

On Saturday, July 10, I will be presenting a lecture and book signing from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, which will be followed by an opening reception in the gallery from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Both events are free and open to the public. Included in the exhibition and presentation will be some new images, as well as earlier photographs from my more than thirty-five year career in photography. During the lecture I will illustrate the evolutionary process of some of the images from the negative to the finished print, exploring a number of the creative controls I use in making my silver gelatin photographs. In addition, I will show some unique Ansel Adams images and discuss his influence on my photography. A book signing will be held following the lecture.

During the opening reception there will be a raffle for one of my 11x14" original silver-gelatin prints valued at $1,000. All proceeds will benefit the Center for Photographic Art. Additional information about the print raffle can be found below.

You can learn about the exhibition, opening reception, print raffle, and lecture here. For more information about the Center for Photographic Art and their many programs check out their web site. I look forward to seeing a number of fellow large format lovers on July 10.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com

info(at)johnsexton.com

Re: John Sexton Exhibit, Lecture, Opening Reception

Dear John,

Your images always amaze me...

I am certain that your event will be very successful.

jim k

Hi John.

I wish I was able to go and see your exhibition. The last time I saw you was a few years ago when you gave a lecture in Tucson at the Center For Creative Photography.

I first met you at the Ansel Adams Workshop in 1986 during the "Friends Of Photography" days and 3 years later (right after the Bay area earthquake of 1989) I was a student and had a blast at your "Expressive B-W Print" workshop in your home/studio.

I hope to participate in one or more of your workshops again in the near future. Your work and your teachings have been very inspirational to me over the years and I enjoy and admire your photography very much.

Regards,

Jess

Hi John. I saw your lecture in Santa Barbara a few years back and it was very,very entertaining and inspiring. Good luck with your exhibition!!