Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks to Richard Wasserman

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Re: Thanks to Richard Wasserman

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    When does architectural photography become documentary/environmental photography and vis a versa?
    I think Richard's work is successful when looked at in any number of ways. It could have been labelled as documentary or envirnmental or as cultural landscape or as probably a few other things, all without feeling like a stretch.

When someone chooses one label for their work to the exclusion of other possible labels, I assume that they're nudging us, for whatever reason, to pay more attention to one category of interpretations.

Kind of like saying, "this is the angle I was most interested in." Of course, it can also just be the angle that a publisher or dealer or customer base is most interested in ...

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ambrose View Post
    I think you crashed someone else's thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Why not start a new thread to show your work? It's kind of rude and off-topic. We should be seeing Richards' fine work here instead.
    Well... no, you are both wrong. It would never be my intention to crash another's thread to show my own work. But I do thank you both for the implied compliment which is as unexpected as I am sure it was unintended.

Thomas

I met Richard and saw his work on the Chicago River at a workshop some years ago. I was very, very impressed by his beautiful photographs and his ability to create a concise body of work. The instructors, and the rest of the class, were also equally impressed. This is the kind of work that deserves to be in book form and available to a wider audience. It`s that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
    I met Richard and saw his work on the Chicago River at a workshop some years ago. I was very, very impressed by his beautiful photographs and his ability to create a concise body of work. The instructors, and the rest of the class, were also equally impressed. This is the kind of work that deserves to be in book form and available to a wider audience. It`s that good.

Hi Daniel,

I hope all is well with you. Thank you very much for the nice things you said about my work–I truly appreciate them.

A book of the Chicago River photos is being published by The Center for American Places and will be released early autumn next year. It's been a long time coming, but we are now in the final stages before going to the printer. The process has been arduous, but very interesting.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Richard, that is good news indeed. I will be buying a copy of the book when it comes out. Your Chicago pictures are very strong compositionally, in my opinion.

I enjoyed your (I suppose, roll-film) square format images on the website as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Hara View Post
    Richard, that is good news indeed. I will be buying a copy of the book when it comes out. Your Chicago pictures are very strong compositionally, in my opinion.

I enjoyed your (I suppose, roll-film) square format images on the website as well.
    Joe,

Thanks! Yes, my dog walking photos are done with a Rolleiflex that I carry with me when, of all things, I walk the dog.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/