Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS/WTB clarifications

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: FS/WTB clarifications

Aye eye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I do that every day. It's part of my job to develop and promote concepts and ideas. Some actually get realized as a specific 3-D product, but many remain conceptual. Even as concepts they are worth money and people like me set prices on them.

This piece of non-specific, non-3-D wisdom will cost you 2 cents... that's my best price and I can't go any lower.
    Many fortunes have been lost in the intersection of less-than-concrete ideas and fixed dollar amounts.

But promoting an idea isn't the same thing as offering to pay X dollars for something that can't be fully specified in the abstract. And that ain't what the buy-sell forum is for anyway.

Rick "requesting a properly constituted invoice for payment of two cents" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Would it help if I said, "The check is in the mail"?

But at the risk of racking up additional charges... waht's wrong with my spelling? I can spell; Ijust can't type.
    "Good advise wanted" advice

"Do you except PayPal, Dan?" accept

It would help only if there were a check and it actually were in the mail. Notional checks don't count.

Paying by PayPal will cost you less and add more to the general hilarity than paying by check.

I once visited B&H and bought only a Rosco swatchbook. Purchase price $0.01. The clerk wrote it up, sent me to the cashier to pay and receive my swatchbook. The cashier saw the amount, howled with laughter, and wondered what to do about taxes due.

Cheers,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    I once visited B&H and bought only a Rosco swatchbook. Purchase price $0.01. The clerk wrote it up, sent me to the cashier to pay and receive my swatchbook. The cashier saw the amount, howled with laughter, and wondered what to do about taxes due.
    That is really funny. Reminds me of the time I crossed the border into Canada and upon return was asked to pay admission to the U.S. I can't remember how much or why... but for sake of the story let's say it was 50 cents. Trying to get rid of "foriegn currency" we gave the person two Canadian quarters. She said they were worth 10% less than American quarters and we owed her a dime. So we gave her a Canadian dime; she demanded a penny, so we gave her a Canadian cent. She gave us that "you insolent little punks" kind of look and let us back into the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    "Good advise wanted" advice
    ... and not to seem defensive, but I blame my education for that. Most of my early elementary education was by a Scottish tutor who came the the US via England and Canada; later elementary education was by British nuns of a French religious order. I often have troubles with "...ize" words and, apparently, have problems with some "...ice" words also.