Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowepro AWII Trekker Zipper Repair

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Lowepro AWII Trekker Zipper Repair

Anyone been thru this?

My zipper is worn-out thru use but the pack is still good. What/where is the best place to get this replaced?

Thanks,

Thomas

Re: Lowepro AWII Trekker Zipper Repair

I've found most shoe repair shops will do zipper replacements for a reasonable price, but I'd check with LowePro first and see if they service their packs.

Thanks Barry.

I was just on the Lowepro website and I didn't see anything about sending in a product for repair. Apparently the LowePro warrently is for the life of the pack as long as the original purchaser ownes it but does not cover "zipper wear."

I've had this pack for at leaast 5 years now. It's a good pack with a number of years of life still left in it.

Thonas

Preston Birdwell

Thomas,

You might try calling LowePro. They might be able to help you out.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

lazy retired bum

A few years ago LP repaired a zipper on my trekker pack, I cannot recall the model or how much it cost. I'd certainly give them a call. They were quite helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Anyone been thru this?

My zipper is worn-out thru use but the pack is still good. What/where is the best place to get this replaced?

Thanks,

Thomas
    Call Lowepro. THey have excellent customer service. They may ven repair it for free if you pay for the shipping. But definitely call.

Don Bryant

I sent them an E-mail off their website this morning and they responded within 60 seconds. Thats got to be a world record for customer service. I replied back and again they replied within 60 seconds. Amazing! I'm send my pack in today.

Wow, I'm sure glad that I heeded everyone's advise and contacted Lowepro! I sent my pack in yesterday by UPS and I just received an E-mail from Lowepro saying that they were going to replace my pack with its replacement the Pro 400AM Trekker!

I can't say enough about this company. I have two of their packs for years and both have served me well. (They said that they replaced the zipper on the model I had with a heavier zipper before they discontinued the model.)

If you're in the market for a photo backpack, you can't go wrong with Lowpro!

Thomas

A quick update for any of you that are following this:

On Wednesday I received a large box from Lowepro with the Pro Trekker 400 AW listed on the packing list but instead of the Trekker inside there were 12 Adventura 140 Camera/Video Bags. I E-mailed Lowepro and they responded, again within minutes, "Sounds like a warehouse mix-up. It’s the first like this I’ve heard of with out current shipper. I’ll alert our Customer Service dept. and have them issue a call tag. And see that the correct item is re-shipped. I’ll also request 2-day shipping on the correct pack."

I was looking for the "call tag" being e-mailed so I didn't have the box taped-up when FedEx arrived at 9:30am this morning to pick it up. But luckily I had some box tape in the car so off went the 12 Adventura camera cases. Then, about an hour later, just as I was walking out the door, another FedEx truck pulls up and delivers the Pro Trekker! It's beautiful. I can't wait to get back home to set it up and, more importantly, to start using it!

Have a safe and happy fourth everyone!

Thomas

Preston Birdwell

Thomas,

That's just excellent news!

Happy Fourth to you, as well!

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."