Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MacBook Pro screen

Re: MacBook Pro screen

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    I got a refurbished 20" IPS LCD monitor NEC MultiSync 2070NX (matt).
    Where please ?

Quote Originally Posted by ethics_gradient View Post
    Glare or no-glare, it's still not an IPS panel. You're better off using the laptop on the road and plugging it in to a decent external LCD panel when you get home.
    I bought a 21' NEC mutlisync for my scanning computer, but this laptop is for newspaper work on the road.

I could not return the laptop due to Applecare and IT dept at the newspaper issues.
    (I had little to say or do with it between the newspaper and Apple).

I picked up the iVisor anti glare screen, not cheap but it seem to work well.
    But, at about 50 bucks a pop, just getting the right screen the first time around would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Where please ?
    German eBay, sorry ...
    Matus

Just a quick follow up,

I tried the iVisor ant glare screens, there are not very good if you have to work outdoors, as I often do. They were fine in the studio, but outdoors, sending pictures to the newspaper from the curb in broad daylight, it was almost unusable.

I called Apple back again and they agreed to exchange my laptop for the anti glare version.

The customer service at Apple has been excellent in my few experiences.

bdkphoto

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    Just a quick follow up,

I tried the iVisor ant glare screens, there are not very good if you have to work outdoors, as I often do. They were fine in the studio, but outdoors, sending pictures to the newspaper from the curb in broad daylight, it was almost unusable.

I called Apple back again and they agreed to exchange my laptop for the anti glare version.

Here was my solution on location in Florida ;-)) Assistant under reflector...

Just waiting to be developed..

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    Just a quick follow up,

I have always found the applecare phone support excellent. The apple store techs are another matter all together.
    Way back when apple first opened the stores, the genius bar was full of real techies who believed in the products and provided good support.
    Now they are staffed with walking wikis...well mostly, some are good but most sound like apples support site.
    If you call apple instead of going to the sore, they will send out a box overnight to ship the offending product back.
    If you goto the store, you wait on a long line and then run the risk of them saying its your fault and not taking the product back.
    If they do accept it (big if), they just send it back to apple in a few days. But its a hit or miss.

My sisters mac book pro had dead dvd drive, she brought it into the store to be fixed.
    Because there was a small scratch on the case, they said it was her fault and wouldn't repair it. They even threatened her not to call for support even though she had applecare. They said that they had reported her to the "system" and she would not be entitled to have it fixed.
    I called up apple support and within 10 minutes a box was dispatched, a week later the laptop came back good as new.

The phone people really seem to care more. Once you send the box back they will diagnose and repair then ship back overnight.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Ian,

I agree, most of the wrong/bad info came from the store, which is a block from my office.

The 1-800-save my machine line people were....oh....many thousands of times better than the 11 year old kid who served me at the Store.

I should have gone to the applecare line right away, the store even told my the anti glare screen was not longer offered. Then in back tracking, they said they were referring to the 13 inch.

Normally, I go to a shop in Montreal, SynergySMC for repairs, because they are way faster and way better than the iStore, but this was an exchange, so I had to deal with the store.

But all is well, the email notice that my new machine has shipped came today and in the future, it is only the 1-800 customer care guys for me too.

Just waiting to be developed..

Good luck! I have one with an anti glare screen and youll be much happier.
    Just a few observations, fingerprints are harder to remove with a micro fiber cloth.
    Another thing is that they attract dust like a CRT TV. The glossy ones don't seem to do it as much. Just another quirk i guess.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Quote Originally Posted by bdkphoto View Post
    Here was my solution on location in Florida ;-)) Assistant under reflector...
    I don't have a mat screen on mine but I can't imagine either being much use in broad daylight?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I'm looking into buying a Macbook Pro, but can't find any options to the standard glossy screen. Where do I look for information about ordering a matt screen with the computer?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)