Thread: Question on Ep 3800 Cartridges--indicators

Question on Ep 3800 Cartridges--indicators

Hello--thank you for taking a look see and responding. In the viewing screen for the 3800 re: ink usage of which there are 9 different color cartridges & one "overflow" cartridge, called a "maintenance" cartridge, I have 2 specific questions.

As the ink in each cartridge is consumed, there is an indicator for each cartridge showing the level at which the ink has been used as well as how much is left in each cartridge. (clear so far????) When it gets low, you reorder.

Now the question is re: cartridge #2---it seems to be different than the other indicators on my machine. It's an indicator showing diagonal dots the length of the vertical "indicator" showing either ink used or what's left, however, the vertical indicators for the other cartridges show more or less "solid" indicators as to how much ink is either left or has been used. The #2 cartridge (photo black) is showing diagonal dots, not a solid "indicator" as the other cartridges are showing.

So the question is specific re: cartridge #2 which is photo black.
    Is the vertical indicator for cartridge #2 different than the others and if not, what is the indicator telling me? It's showing a full panel of diagonal dots--no usage of ink or is it telling me, it's totally used up. Not sure on this one at all.

Question 2--has anyone tried with positive results, washing out the "maintenance" cartridge for a 2nd go around.

Raymond

Re: Question on Ep 3800 Cartridges--indicators

Hi Raymond,

What you are seeing on your 3800 is that right now, the cartridge for Photo black shows as a series of diagonal dots. This means that the matte black ink is currently turned on. If you switch the matte black over to photo black, then the indicator for photo black will be a solid line, and the indicator for matte black (cartridge #1) will then be a series of diagonal lines. Only one black ink is installed at a time.

I have taken out my maintenance cartridge to replace it. It contains a series of pads which are full of ink when its full. I can't imagine trying to clean it. Buy a new one and put it in. They last quite a long time anyway.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Re: Question on Ep 3800 Cartridges--indicators

I am with Dave.

and the 80ml size cartridge on 3800 last quite well.
    I am just about to replace the Lk and LLK, after 140 prints, most are 15x21s, and some 12x17s. but i can tell that my QTR Digital negative profile deposits MUCH more inks, especially the light ones than the regular rag paper print @ the same size.

Cheers

Andrew