Thread: Balcar Strobe heads

Balcar Strobe heads

Does anyone know the catalog name for the old Balcar square shaped flash heads that are light blue in color ??? They have the short U-tube. They also made them in gray. I spoke to Devo Reno of Photo Electronics who is the expert on Balcar and he thought it was 3059. The "Silver bullet" head was a 102U or Universal head.
    I understand that Balcar is back in business in France. Do they have a office or rep in N.Y.C. ?????

Re: Balcar Strobe heads

Quote Originally Posted by marcojoe View Post
    Does anyone know the catalog name for the old Balcar square shaped flash heads that are light blue in color ??? They have the short U-tube. They also made them in gray. I spoke to Devo Reno of Photo Electronics who is the expert on Balcar and he thought it was 3059. The "Silver bullet" head was a 102U or Universal head.
    I understand that Balcar is back in business in France. Do they have a office or rep in N.Y.C. ?????

Marcojoe :
    I was wondering if you might have a short tube cover for a Balcar head that you might like to sell .
    I am looking for a clear glass 2"+ X 3 1/8 ''+- .

Balcar strobes were very popular in the '70s in the Chicago area. Check with some of the old timers at Helix Camera or Standard Camera there about parts, service, etc.