Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickload Models?

Quickload Models?

I saw a post here in the archives relating to Fuji Quickload Holder and the poss ibility of a couple of different models. I am intent on buying a Quickload holder for an upcoming trip, and I notice that there is a difference in price between Calumet (129.00) and B&H (104.00) that seems more than a mark-up differencial. B&H does not provide a photo, so I could not compare obvious differences. Does anyone know if there are 2 models of Quickload holders? If not, is B&H real ly 15-20% less?

Quickload Models?

Matt,

You'll find that Calumet's prices are almost higher than just about any of the really big photo houses like B&H and Adorama. They seem to make up for it in service and knowledge when you walk in a Calumet. But from film to equipment, there's a pretty consistent differential between Calumet and the others. There has been the ten years I've been shopping around.

dgh

Quickload Models?

I did a terrible job of proofreading that response.

Calumet's prices are almost ALWAYS higher than the big stores. And it seems to have been this way for the ten years I have been shopping around for photography things.

Sorry. dgh

Quickload Models?

Matt:

As far as I know (I've owned two) all of the Fuji Quickload holders are the same model. They are sold in Japan with a nylon/leatherette case, but it's still the same holder. Badger Graphics has excellent pricing on these and other items.

Quickload Models?

Hi Matt, Your'e right, there is a couple of different models. The Quickload model is like the readyload holder from Kodak, and Fuji has now a new quickchange film holder which is a kind of modern Grafmatic holder with 4 or 5 sheets of film inside. I can't tell you more about it, since I've never used it yet. best regards.

Quickload Models?

The Quickload system is not the Quickchange system. Don't be confused by that answer. The difference is the markup. B&H may also be buying from a different source that Fujiphoto USA, the company that is the official importer of Fuji products into the USA.

Quickload Models?

Thanks. I am aware of the difference between the QL and the QC - I was curious about the model types because I have read a few statements about the "Japanese" version (or QL II). From what I gather, I can also use Polaroid films in the QL ? I have a 545i, but as I will be traveling, it would be nice to use both (polaroid and Provia/Velvia) in the Fuji.

Quickload Models?

'From what I gather, I can also use Polaroid films in the QL ? "

Thesimple answer is: No.

The Fuji holder doesn't have the rollers neededd to process the Polaroid, and there are probaly difference in film placement relative to groundglass position because ofthe thickness of the Polaroid packet.

Quickload Models?

Hello: There is in fact 2 models of the FUJI Quickload back...the original and a new Mk.2...........the only difference as far we can see is the ability to mark the film with a spot to ensure you only use the film once...........The FUJI Quickchange is a different device that we import from Japan that resembles a Grafmatic fimholder, taking 8 sheets of film. I hope this helps Robert

Quickload Models?

Thanks again for all the help!