Thread: Vacuum Easels? Manufacturers

Vacuum Easels? Manufacturers

hi has anyone else out there dealt with a builder/supplier in boulder co? if so i would appreciate some feedback. thanks

The following person sells vacuum easels and pumps on ebay as well as direct. I've purchased an 20x24 vacuum easel (on ebay) from him that is very good.

andras@wcox.com Andras Klein 4919 N. Broadway, #29 / B Boulder, CO. 80304

If you have the tools (saw, drill, etc.) making your own vacuum easel shouldn't be too difficult. In fact, I'm planning on making my own for murals. Will have it mounted on the wall with adjustments to get it parallel to the horizontal enlarger. I have some old shop vacuums that will be put to use to provide the suction.

Then, my next problem is how to develop the murals. I can build a tray, but am looking at various ways to do this: somehow wrap the mural paper to a lightweight cylinder frame and then let it float in the chemicals, while rotating it. I dunno. The jury is still out on this one. PVC pipe might be an option. Lord knows I can always use a garbage can, which can be covered, but need some way to reduce the amount of chemicals used.

Re: Vacuum Easels? Manufacturers

Roger-any luck on making the mural vacuum easel yet?I want also to set one up for murals(55"x10' or 72"x10'). They will not hold fibre base because of the paper curl but might work with rc papers.getting the right pneumatic suction from the vacuum will be a challenge for such a large area. I used to run a mural lab for black and white and have exact plans if you need them.email me if interested at blackypoocher@hotmail.com. I have a plan to make it work for color rc too.