Thread: Sonora and Ebbets Passes are Open

Preston Birdwell

Sonora and Ebbets Passes are Open

Sonora Pass (CA 108) and Ebbets Pass (CA 4) are open. Expect lots of snow at the higher elevations, if you head up that way.

I will likely head up to Sonora Pass either tomorrow (5/30) or early this coming week. I'll report back, if I do.

Boy, will it be great to get up into the mountains; it's been a long winter! WaHoo!

On a safety note: The creeks will be running very high, and very cold. Please exercise extreme caution!

Tioga Pass is still closed, but should open soon.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Preston Birdwell

Re: Sonora and Ebbets Passes are Open

Update: Tioga Pass (CA 120) will open on Saturday, June 5 at 8:00 AM PDT.

There are still several feet of snow in the pass area. The facilities at Tuolumne Meadows, and high country campgrounds remain closed.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Drew Wiley

Re: Sonora and Ebbets Passes are Open

Thanks, Preston! I just heard back from somebody who drove the triple pass to the
    north - Monitor, Ebbets, American - lots of deep snow, of course, but road open.
    I might try something the third week of June - really tricky with so much runoff,
    but I'd like to be a step ahead of the mosquitoes, which will start becoming absolutely atrocious by the end of the month.