Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vertical banding with Epson 1270 on a 13X19 print.

Vertical banding with Epson 1270 on a 13X19 print.

Hi, everyone. I recently acquired an Epson 1270. I noticed that when I printed out a 13X19, th ere were vertical bands (oriented to the flow of the paper, that is) running acc ross the top of one print and all the way through the center of another 13X19 pr int.

I think the banding is showing up in continuous tone areas. The printer head cle aned itself upon inserting the new color cartridge, so I don't think that's the problem.

Also,upons someone's recommendation, I set the resolution down to 720dpi in Phot oshop, with his theory being that when I was sending it over before in 2820 reso lution, it was causing the printer to pause with so much information, creating t he bands. Well, that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete.

Get a 16x20 camera and contact print? What does this have to do with LF? I am sure there is a digital forum somewhere that can help you better and would interest the memebers more....no?

True, I thought about that.

I decided to post here for two reasons:

1. I have read threads on this site about printing 4X5 scans out on Epson printers (what I'm trying to do), and I'm assuming that many of us use them, so it seemed reasonable to post here.

2. There is a subject thread on this forum titled "printing (non dark room) and exhibiting," which is where I filed this question, and it seems appropriate to add it to that knowledge base.

3. I've tried other forums and not found the answer so I figured that since the people on this forum tend to be somewhat more technically minded than others, I might find the solution.

However, I will refrain from asking printing questions of this sort if it bothers anyone.

Thanks,

Pete.

Sorry, meant to say 3 reasons.

Try cleaning the heads several times. If it doen't work change the ink cartridge and try again. After that I only suggest having the printer serviced. Good luck.

Not at all Pete, please ask away, I just thought maybe a clarification like you have been unable to find an answer would have been good. Specially if we dont want this forum to become a digital question and answer forum for those who scan their negs. I have no objection if you use it as a last resort type thing, after all that is the purpose of this forum to help people and exchange ideas.

and you would be the clasroom monitor? List Mom? Cyber Cop......?

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I just got a new 1280 and only noticed banding when I printed @ low res. 1440 on Glossy epson paper printed just fine. Maybe it needs factory servic even though it's new?? George

In general, horizontal banding (runs parallel to the long side of the paper) is due to clogged heads and vertical banding (runs parallel to the short side of the paper) is due to head misalignment.

In addition to running the cleaning cycle, you should also check head alignment using the appropriate Epson utility program. You might try cleaning the heads with the Windex method, too (a good description of it is posted at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/cis.htm)

If none of the above works, then you'll probably have to send it back to Epson for repair or replace it with another one.

Good luck!

Tim A.....none of the above, just a person who has courtesy with others, something you apparently lack!