Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October Open House in New Hampshire

October Open House in New Hampshire

I’ve been invited to be one of 25 artists on the Fall Foliage Art Studio Tour here in southwestern New Hampshire on Saturday and Sunday, October 9 and 10. Sounds like an excuse for a party!

I’ll open my “studio” to visitors, with traditional prints on display (“Brooks Jensen” or “inventory reduction pricing”: $25 each for 5x7 or 8x10 mounted black and white prints), but that doesn’t feel like enough, so here’s an invitation to photographers who might like to visit. We’ll have good food, lots to photograph on my land (147 acres of New England woods and rock walls, on what is traditionally the peak fall foliage weekend here). I’ll also have maps to nearby places to photograph. Come try an 8x10, or try large format. I’ll have cameras and film (2 - 8x10s: Norma and Alice, my Sinar and Ritter, and 4x5 Baby Wista). Have a look at my darkroom and “studio” space. Maybe we can induce visitors to pose for a large format portraits. Moses, my African Gray Parrot, is excited, too.

I’ll have a video/CD sale:
    “Camera Repair in the Field with Richard Ritter” DVD video, normally $24, on sale for $15.
    “The Richard Ritter Ultra-Large Format Camera Owners Manual” DVD video, normally $15, on sale for $12.
    “Finely Focused: Mechanics and Creativity in Large Format Photography,” 309 pages on CD-ROM, normally $25, on sale for $20.
    “Swanzey Rural Character,” the award-winning documentary, $5.

Richard Ritter’s on board to be here. I can probably convince him to bring over one of his ULF’s for folks to put hands on. He thinks he may have an 11x14, too.

Come hang out, swap stories, compare cameras, try something new, but mostly, have a good time. Eat, drink and be merry. Hope to see you. And if anyone has more ideas for what we could do, let me know.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Re: October Open House in New Hampshire

Wish I could be there. How come when I lived on the East coast everything like this was on the West coast, so now I'm on the West coast and everything like this is on the East coast?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Lascassas, TN

Good toys, good food and good people. Sounds like a major event. I am envious of those who can make it.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Bill Kumpf

kevin4x5

I will be there sounds like a great time and great people

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Wish I could be there. How come when I lived on the East coast everything like this was on the West coast, so now I'm on the West coast and everything like this is on the East coast?
    Wish you could be, too. I had several fine conversations about you with dear friend Ted Harris. It's not lost on me that I hope this will be similar to a get-together at Ted's just a few days before he passed on. We'll be channeling him in some way, I'm sure. That's comforting. I miss him.

Remember, to paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright: "God turned the country on its side and shook it, and everything loose fell to the west coast." Hmm. Must have been before my time...

What the heck, take a trip east! Peak fall colors!
    Bruce Barlow
    www.brucewbarlow.com

It's a little to early to commit for certain, but I would certainly love to come over from Vermont.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Eric Biggerstaff

Let me think, fall in New England, great food, great people, great photographs and great places to photograph - sounds, well, great! Wish I could be there and I hope you get a huge turnout!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

OK, room booked (nothing like paying leaf-peeper rates). Now I just have to keep the rest of my calendar free.

If you are planning on attending and need a room, better book real SOON. Hotel Rooms become quite scarce in VT/NH this time of year.

Wow! Mr. Bowen is coming! That makes it special already.

And, for the unfamiliar, Mr. Bowen has both a Richard Ritter 7x17 and an 8x10, both of which I suspect will accompany him.

Now, Mr. B, we need to figure out where we go after the weekend, since you're here... Route 100 in Vermont may be calling us!
    Bruce Barlow
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post

Now, Mr. B, we need to figure out where we go after the weekend, since you're here... Route 100 in Vermont may be calling us!
    The key word in your sentence is AFTER.....I booked my reservations to be there BEFORE the show..... Those damn last minute income tax filers will have my on my way back to Virginia once the show closes. I'm planning on arriving on Tue and exposing film on Wed, Thur and Fri. Hope you can join me. Of course there are some Honey Hill rocks calling me on Sat/Sun...

Looking forward to seeing and showing some new work, printed on Lodima.