Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Buying a Scitex Eversmart Jazz: Dirt-Cheap, but Smart?

charlesholland

Re: Buying a Scitex Eversmart Jazz: Dirt-Cheap, but Smart?

Glad to see I am not the only one trying to revive an eversmart jazz scanner. Me too I could use some help.
    What I did up to now:

Bought a second hand eversmart jazz scanner, complete with all installation CD's, the calibration slide and the scanner parameters on a seperately floppy disc, all market as genuine scitex. The calibration slide and the floppy have the same serial number, but: the sticker with the serial number on the scanner itself is gone.
    I allready had a 2nd wave scsi to firewire adapter including the driver, working flawlessly with the betterlight scanback on my ibook G4. I couldn't get the installation CD's of the scanner on this ibook G4 thus:

I bought an ibook (G3) and had someone install the original OS9.2, nothing else.

I loaded the drivers for the scsi to firewire adapter: the scanner is detected without any remarks from misses iBook

I loaded the installation CD's from the scanner: no problem detected

I did shut down the ibook, started the scanner and started the ibook again.

I followed the installation procedure from the manual from scitex. From the first time untill present I get the same message when instelling the scanner parameters: it starts with "loading from flash error: couldn't read Serial Number from flash"

I followed the instructions and entered the serial number on the calibration sheet, the same as on the floppy. When loading the parameters I get a message codes: M00409 I/O error!!, Cannot open file: "EverSmartScan.rsrc" Error number:-43

I tried to load the parameters from the diskette: the installation software didn't want to use it because it didn't match with the serialnumber from the scanner.

Conclusion: is the installation package belonging to another scanner or is the ibook not installed correctly or is the scsi to firewire connector the problem or (and this is probably the case): Inam too stupid for this?

Can anyone direct me to a solution?

When the software connects to the scanner it pulls and prints the scanner SN into the log, and if I remember correctly it is visible on the screen somewhere in the running log. Enter the SN which SW pulls from the scanner.

SergeyT

charlesholland

Thanks, first thing to try in the morning!

charlesholland

I looked: unfortunately it only states the serial number of the loaded preferences and the mismatch of the scanners serial number..... :-(
    Thanks for thinking towards a solution, still all suggestions welcome :-)

charlesholland

Probably it is not the serial number that is mismmatching but an input/output error due to.....?

Hello everyone
    I was able to buy an Eversmart Jazz+. Unfortunately it only runs on OS9. I have now organized a SCSI/Firewire adapter and would like to operate the scanner with OSX 10.2 or 10.3. Unfortunately, this only works with the latest software 3.5.0.1, which I unfortunately don't have and haven't been able to find until now. Does anyone have this software and would you send it to me via wetransfer. I'm also willing to pay something. That would be very nice. Thanks very much!!!