Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Domenico Foschi

Re: Domenico Foschi

Thats sad news Hugo!
    Domenico is an inspiring photographer.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Deniz Merdanogullari Deniz Merdanogullari's Avatar

He is not dead... he is just moving to Italy, where he is going to be making better pictures anyways.
    I see this as a great opportunity for him. As i have shared many conversations with him aswell.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

He might even be able to stay in touch. I heard that Italy might be connected to the internet one day soon.

If I was in Italy I wouldn't bother with the internet... there are way better things to do there

Sorry to see him go. Italy is a wonderful place to photograph...unfortunately the economy is just now tanking there. He will probably have the support of family there and there is much to be said for that.

Domenico has read all of your kind words with gratitute and he has asked me to pass this to his friends here.

I would have liked to answer sooner to all the voices of support that I have received from this thread, but these have been and continue to be busy days due to the many things needed to be done before leaving the country.

I also want to thank once again the members of APUG for the print orders received.

Indulge me in reminding you that much more work is still available at the prices I mentioned in my original post.
    Since I won't be able to live the country until I have resolved my US citizenship application in order to be able to get Social Security in my later years and finalize my obligation with taxes, this sales continues very likely over June 15.

These past days have made my decision of leaving the US even more conflicted, since I have tightened my friendship with special people, members of APUG and the LFPF who live in the area, who have shown true support and continue to do so and with whom it's easy to spend good and quality time together.

To all the humbling voices of concern about me abandoning photography, I can assure you that I don't see that happening.

This could be a time in my life when I am not producing very much for lack of time and, honestly speaking, because this time of change has definitively put a momentary dent in my creativity, but...
    ...I have been around myself for a few years and I know that sometime I need to be patient and at the same time push myself gently.

In fact this weekend will be spent on a sorely needed road trip with our very own Matt Blais, probably my dear friend Hugo Zhang and a student of mine driving on Route 66, violating the privacy of the dormant inhabitants of small towns that stud this famous American artery.

AH! It will be a rough test for my recently acquired '92 Volvo 240 wagon!

In these years I have realized that things happen to us for a reason, Life is a seemingly cruel but benevolent teacher, and the concerns of humans are not the concerns of Life. Poor economical situations might seem to us a catastrophic event but to this teacher who is immune by pity, challenges administered at the right time and the right place is a much needed spark to cause change in us.
    ANd the best way to deal with it is to accept this help, because the outcome of adversities is inevitably acquired strength, freedom and...be ready for the next challenges. :-).

Yes, things are scary, and fear is an uncomfortable feeling but it comes the time when eventually we manage to pierce through that state and find a renewed hope and passion.

Thank you again for the many good words directed to me they will have a place in my suitcase together with the Leica, Speed Graphic, various lenses and holders.

Domenico

my blog, a new one.
    http://www.dfoschisite.com/Blog/Blog.html

Hugo, if you wander north at all on your return voyage to So. Cal. I have a lovely bottle of Pinot Noir in the cooler. Think of Tonopah as the gateway to the Eastern Sierra on your trip home

Domenico, get a Villa and we'll all come and rent rooms on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Merdanogullari View Post
    He is not dead... he is just moving to Italy, where he is going to be making better pictures anyways.
    I see this as a great opportunity for him. As i have shared many conversations with him aswell.
    Exactly! What's all that funerary talk about? As if the US were THE place to be to make good photography! How ridiculous! The guy will have a new life in Italy - and what a life! How good for him!

Best wishes to Domenico for his new life in Italy. He is a superb photographer, and I hope he will be able to prosper in the next stage of his career.