Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Domenico Foschi

Domenico Foschi

Those of us old members here remember Domenico who lives in Whittier of California. He quit his regular job a few years ago to be a full time struggling artist. His photography is poetry to me and he has a heart as pure as a child. I often told him that I envy him. We both love Vincent Van Gogh.

Anyway, I went to the last group show of his last Saturday and have learned this:

http://www.dfoschisite.com/Blog/A10F...9E7B5E57C.html

I went to have lunch with him today and we talked about things dear to us both. It's emotionally hard for me to miss a friend like him and I said I may visit him in Italy someday.

C'est la vie. We come across many people in our life and sometimes we are lucky to have friends with artistic talent to reveal a beautiful world for us. These true artists never leave us, as not only they have left us those enchanting images, but also we have learned to look at things through their eyes.

Re: Domenico Foschi

You can find him as a regular over on Face Book.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

I'm sorry for him having to give it up as a business and having to go through all the associated hard times. Sometimes it's good to keep doing photography only as something you love though... put the damn money out of the way.

Eric Biggerstaff

Well, I miss his contributions here and I have always been a big fan of his work. I am happy that he is not stopping to produce his art and I am sure in time his work will be recognized to a larger degree.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

George Sheils

I became acquainted with his work from APUG.

Wonderful photographer.

Hopefuly he will be inspired by his relocation back to Italy and produce even more amazing work.

Ciao and best wishes for the future Domenico.

George Sheils

I became acquainted with his work from APUG.

Wonderful photographer.

Hopefully he will be inspired by his relocation back to Italy and produce even more amazing work.

Ciao and best wishes for the future Domenico.

Best wishes to him. He was a good guy and a great photograher.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Sorry to see it hasn't worked out for Domenico, hopefully things will go better for him in Italy. I don't know Domenico but I've seen his work and I know he's a very talented photographer. A friend of mine was also talented and people used to ask him why he didn't go into business selling his work. His response was that he didn't want to ruin a wonderful hobby.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I wish him luck.

My opinion is that you have to realize that soliciting galleries and shows is next to worthless -- it is a far better return on investment (of time, money, energy) to produce more and more great work until it is impossible to be ignored. And then the audience will come to you. Most people start submitting to galleries or try to sell higher-end prints too early in their careers and wind up getting discouraged.

You have to figure out how to be a productive artist/photographer for years and years without a return. If that means being a plumber or shooting ordinary things to pay the bills then so be it.

Thanks, Hugo, for the update. I have often wondered what Domenico has been doing since he ceased participating in this forum. His work always stood out as a standard of achievement.

Photographic art is difficult economically, both for the photographer and for the galleries. One must have a name, a reputation, and a following for it to survive as a vocation. Otherwise it will remain an often unrewarded avocation.

I wish Domenico the best during his transition and would hope to see his latest efforts exhibited on this forum again following his return to Italy.

Cheers,
    al