Thread: FW: Three fiber-based papers to be discontinued by Kodak in 1999.

FW: Three fiber-based papers to be discontinued by Kodak in 1999.

Received this today (as well as some information along the same lines about KM25 PKM 35mm professional film and Recording Film 2475).

I think it is on the level. As many members of this list do B&W printing, though t it would be of interest.

BTW, check out this guys home website, it has stacks of technical fim/paper data .

Tim A

ThomBx19 <thombx19@aol.com> wrote in message <19981209161440.00887.00000205@ng-bw1.aol.com>... > Kodabromide (all grades/surfaces) > Elite Fine Art (all grades) > Ektalure > > Due to low demand and increased environmental regulation, these papers will be > discontinued by year end 1999 OR when inventories are depleted. The > recommended alternative is > > > for Ektalure > ... warm-tone, "C" surface KODAK POLYMAX Fine-Art Paper > > for Elite Fine-Art > ... KODAK POLYMAX Fine-Art Paper. > > for Kodabromide > ... KODABROME II RC Paper (graded), or if you prefer a fiber-base paper, try > KODAK POLYMAX Fine-Art Paper. > > Kodak will notify dealers shortly of these changes. > > As unpopular as these discontinuances are, Kodak cannot use the same emulsion > formulas (for Ektalure and Kodabromide) because of governmental EPA > (Environmental Protection Agency) regulations that take effect 1 January 2000. > Elite Fine Art paper cannot sustain sales volumes to support its continued > manufacture. > > > Thom Bell > Kodak Information Center, USA > 1-800-242-2424, extension 19 > > business web: www.kodak.com/go/professional > personal web: members.aol.com/thombx19
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Ohhhh, dear lord here it comes the apocalypse, I use kodabrome rc as a proofing paper, when will it end. This is crazy, first my agfabrome, do they have it in their hearts to destroy all silver graded paper. Polymax fine art won't do. I don't believe in filters.

How heartbreaking to hear that the Great Yellow God has once again decided to quit making a wonderful silver rich paper that has been a staple in my darkroom for years. I've still not gotten over losing the G surface for hand coloring. All is not lost though I have been having wonderful luck with forte Bromoforte and Fortezo Bromoforte is an Excellent cold tone graded paper that works very well with Selectol-soft and Dektol. Fortezo is warm and it seems to work very well with selectol and Zonal pro warm tone print developer. Eventually I will quit using Kodak papers for everything except panalure.