Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southeastern Crawl

Photograsaurus Rex

Re: Southeastern Crawl

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I recall a nice waterfall about 1/2 mile down a hiking trail when I was there in 2002.
    Photogenic indeed, but I do recall it being a tight shot from up on the ridge. Open access is easier from down by the water.
    Peavine falls, yeah. It's a nice shoot, but a pain to get to carrying any amount of camera gear with you.

Ted Mastrandonas

Keith -- Thanks! I may head over there and check out some parks again this summer. I went over to Providence Canyon last year and really enjoyed it, although I didn't come back with any shots I liked.

Caviman -- No real pointers other than just shoot and stop messing with all the variables. For every shot I keep, there's another fifty or so that don't even make it out of the fixer.

If y'all do go down to the Peavine Falls, watch out! It's straight down a slippery slope, which is no fun with a 4x5 setup on your back.

Have you tried the Sloss Furnaces yet? Great place to shoot and the occasionally have iron pours in the far end of the plant.
    Providence Canyon is not too far from you over the line in Georgia and up in the northwest corner of Al you have the Dismals to shoot.

Photograsaurus Rex

Gary - Didn't have my 4x5 the last time i was at sloss, and had to donate my memory card to a friend i was with while she shot a project for school.
    I might give Sloss another shot though, come to think about it, i've never been out there durring the summer. I've always wanted to go watch them do the iron pour thing out there. If i'm not mistaken, they also do a bronze casting class out there occasionally too. That might make for an interesting shoot.

Ted- Yeah yeah, i get tied up in variables all the time... a bad habit i'm trying to break. I need to get back into the grove of taking pictures again, and just let it happen instead of thinking about it so much. Hard habit to break when my job demands it from me. :-/

Providence Canyon... that sounds familiar. I'll have to look that up.

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Rabun County GA

Sylvia North Carolina, along mill street