Thread: Still Life Show in Durango, CO

Still Life Show in Durango, CO

I am honored to announce that I will be one of the exhibitors in a four person show of still life photography at the Open Shutter Gallery in Durango, CO. The show, called Life Stills, will run from May 7 through June 30 with opening reception this coming Friday, 5-8 pm.

I cannot speak for the other participants, but all of my prints (mostly 16x20) were created photographically in the darkroom from negatives produced on my Linhof Color 4x5. A representative sample of some of the photos I will be exhibiting can be viewed at http://photo-artiste.com/projectstilllife.html.

The Open Shutter is a dedicated photography gallery (www.openshuttergallery.com) that I have mentioned in prior posts. Some of the photographers that have been featured in the recent past include names such as Jay Dusard, Tony Stromberg, Steve McCurry, Elliot Erwitt, Edward Curtis, Paul Caponigro, Kim Weston, as well as an occasional show featuring regional photographers.

For the many posters on this forum who plan to come to the Four Corners area for landscapes of the mountain scene, be sure to stop by the Open Shutter whenever you visit.
    al

Re: Still Life Show in Durango, CO

Congrats, Al! Good work!

Congratulations Al, I wish I were able to attend. Here's wishing all of the exhibitors a good show.

Thank you, Michael and Donald, for your kind comments.

The Opening Reception last Friday was attended by over 200 people. Two of the exhibitors, Mr. Charles Grogg and I, are exhibiting large format camera works that were printed in the darkroom.

Mr. Grogg did not attend the opening, but his floral subjects are beautifully printed at 11x14 to reveal the Type 55 rebate. He has split-toned the images using sepia, selenium, or both.

That evening, following the reception, I had the privilege of a private viewing of two 30-year-old prints (not currently on exhibit) that were recently acquired by the Open Shutter Gallery, one by John Sexton and the other by Jay Dusard.
    al