Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPad and this forum

iPad and this forum

Just a note - I am using my iPad to view the forums and the browser defaults to the mobile device version, which is a little clumsy on the iPad. If possible, it would be great to have an option to view the full website on the mobile home page.

thanks.

Director @ Images Argentiques sultanofcognac's Avatar

Re: iPad and this forum

Hey - thanks for the info.

But don't worry. I'm not jealous. . . not one bit.

No. . . really! NOT AT ALL!

They begin selling iPads in Europe when?. . .

Nope. . .doesn't bother me at all

Are we truly creative, or simply too lethargic to become pedestrian?

This will be fun.

next you're gonna want a camera and phone on that thing

I'm an architect and photographer. Will be using it as a portfolio - in fact, after my first pitch with it last week, I think it has already paid for itself. And I no longer need to fuss with uploading to the lab or trying to print at 1am in my underwear when one printer clogs and the other is out of ink he night before a hastily scheduled marketing presentation. (That's what I told my wife It's a helluva lot of fun, too. But many websites still recognize it as a mobile device, thus limiting it's browsing ability.

And it doesn't seem like the right device to have a camera within, but mount this thing on a stand next to your digital studio camera, or with a Bluetooth remote and it could be an amazing preview device during a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by mccormickstudio View Post
    Just a note - I am using my iPad to view the forums and the browser defaults to the mobile device version, which is a little clumsy on the iPad. If possible, it would be great to have an option to view the full website on the mobile home page.
    I second this. I don't know why any site would default the iPad to "mobile" since it's fully capable (except for Flash, but we won't go there) of displaying regular web sites. Is this a setting in the hosting web site's side?

I really doubt the server pushes anything. It's likely the iPad's browser, Safari I guess, requests the mobile size same as the iPhone.

At the bottom of the page is a style box. Just switch to default or simple there for yer pad eh'.

Quote Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
    I really doubt the server pushes anything. It's likely the iPad's browser, Safari I guess, requests the mobile size same as the iPhone.

At the bottom of the page is a style box. Just switch to default or simple there for yer pad eh'.
    No, I'm almost sure it's the site checking the user agent provided by the iPad. I really wish sites that did this provided a way to switch back to the full version of the site. This happens a lot on the iPhone as well (but this site works ok on the iPhone).

My peeve with browsers is that they're (AFAIK) not 16:9 friendly. I'm tired of constantly scrolling up/down to see the complete page on my netbook, plus when rolling over a hypertext link you can't immediately see the URL because it's at the bottom of a (virtual) 4:3 screen that you have to scroll down to see.

~Joe