Thread: CST Mac Upgrade Educator's Discount

CST Mac Upgrade Educator's Discount

So hypothetically speaking, about a friend of a friend of a friend on the other side of the country....

If a student were to order the CS5 Design Standard Upgrade for Education, which doesn't ship until June -- well past their graduation date -- it it still valid and OK to install?

Re: CST Mac Upgrade Educator's Discount

Usually not. But it's possible some schools have a customised deal with Adobe. Most I have come across (in the U.K., Germany and Sweden) say that you should delete the program files when you are no longer a member of the institution.

My students have been informed that as long as the order is placed and paid in full, they qualify for the educational discount even though the semester ends the first week of May. However, it is best that your hypothetical friend asks their hypothetical school or other educational source about their specific situation.

On second thoughts, the deals I have known and participated in have been more like a site license than an educational discount. There is a rich and varied spectrum between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    So hypothetically speaking, about a friend of a friend of a friend on the other side of the country....

If a student were to order the CS5 Design Standard Upgrade for Education, which doesn't ship until June -- well past their graduation date -- it it still valid and OK to install?
    In me experience (from 2 years ago), there's no difference between the educational version version and the "real" version, other than a sticker on the package. Adobe knows the serial # indicates an educational version but there's no extra hoops or checking during the install. All the checking/student status validation happens before/during the sale. After the sale you (or your friend) is home free, I think.

...Mike