Thread: B&S Glycerin vs. pharmacy Glycerin

B&S Glycerin vs. pharmacy Glycerin

Is there any deference between Bostick and Sullivan Glycerin and the pharmacy Glycerin?

Re: B&S Glycerin vs. pharmacy Glycerin

I doubt it, unless one or the other contains water. In the US, few pharmacies (in this area at least) still carry glycerin(e). That may account for why B&S sells it as a specialty chemical.

Greetings,

I checked a USA pharmacy online site and their Glycerin was listed as 99.5% pure / Anhydous (no water). In checking the MSDS chemical data sheet for Formulatory's Glycerin it seemed to be the same. Based on that I would try it myself.

If you see a tourist walking around Dubai with a Graflex this weekend, stop and say Hi.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Tim

USP - that is, United States Pharmacopoea glycerin will be as pure or purer than any commercial glycerin you can get. Keep the cap tight, it will absorb water from a humid atmosphere.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Povlick View Post
    Greetings,

I checked a USA pharmacy online site and their Glycerin was listed as 99.5% pure / Anhydous (no water). In checking the MSDS chemical data sheet for Formulatory's Glycerin it seemed to be the same. Based on that I would try it myself.

If you see a tourist walking around Dubai with a Graflex this weekend, stop and say Hi.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Tim
    LooL! Ok Tim Thanks!

Thank you all for the reply, the reason I ask because I have seen a warning tag on the B&S Glycerin bottle, some of there bottles do not have this warnings, which I new it is not a default sticker that B&S would put on every bottle.