Thread: Railroad Museum Photography Workshop

Railroad Museum Photography Workshop

The California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, California, is having a two-day photography event on April 23 and 24th, 2010. There is a Friday night seminar on museum photography techniques including tips of what to bring and the Saturday morning shooting session before the museum opens with your tripod.

This is a great opportunity to photograph this museum with a tripod and without crowds. For those traveling from out-of-town, special hotel rates are available from the Downtown Holiday Inn and Vagabond Inn directly across from the train station.

California state parks are directly impacted by California's budget deficit so all seminar and workshop fees help the museum's budget.

A full description of the event and registration is available at:

http://www.csrmf.org/events-exhibits...l-23-a-24-2010

I hope you can attend.

Re: Railroad Museum Photography Workshop

There have been a number of folks having difficulty downloading the brochure from the state's web site for this workshop but I can't figure out how to attach it to this post. Send me an email and I can attach it to the reply.

Also, no, I won't be shooting any large format on the Saturday workshop. Since I'm sponsored by Canon, they would probably frown on that.

So far, the long distance travel award goes to a photographer flying in from Hawaii. I guess there aren't many trains to shoot over there.

Questions?

Dave, this sounds like a blast! If I could escape for the weekend I surely would, but alas I cannot. If anyone else can I'd encourage them to make the date. This is a premier museum for railroading with enormous photo ops and deserves support!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

If you don't want stuffed and mounted, SP 2472 will be running on Memorial Day weekend in Niles Canyon.