Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photographing the Oregon coast with John Wimberley

Re: Photographing the Oregon coast with John Wimberley

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    It would be worth your while to sign up for John's other two workshops that are here in the Pacific Northwest. John has so many gems of informations to share and so many ways of how to approach your photography. I and others who have been with him learn so much more of our craft.
    The only workshop I can find at his site is the one this thread is about. What are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    The only workshop I can find at his site is the one this thread is about. What are the other two?
    If you click on "workshops" at the top of the home page you'll see a second one on using pyro. I don't know what the 3rd one is.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

John you are an exceptionally gifted photographer, like others here I have long admired your work, its beautiful. I hope you workshops fill up with lots of enthusiastic photographers !
    Gary Nylander,

West Kelowna, B.C., Canada
    Blog:http://garynylander.blogspot.com/
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/nylander.photo

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    On page three of this forum, near the bottom, you will see two other Wimberley workshops posted by Robert Brummitt on April 14.

Thanks, Merg, I got it. I think I'll shoot for the September 19th workshop if there is space available

By taking my workshops through Photographic Education Group (see 4/16/2010 post by Robert Brummitt that started this thread), you'll help disadvantaged young people get cameras and instruction in photography. It's a very important cause and I hope everyone will generously support Robert in this endeavor. I'm very inspired by his efforts to enrich the photographic community by bringing in young people who otherwise wouldn't have the chance.

PEG is about helping high school students. I have been sharing work of mine and other local and Nationally know photographers. When I shared Jerry Uelsmann work, they went WOW! And I could see the spark of interest come on. That's what is great. Sharing work of those ahead of the curve to those just starting.
    But this is a two way deal as well. I have brought in other local noted photographers, who come to the classroom. share their work, answer questions and sometime head outside with some of the students. Afterwards, these great folks have told me how much fun they had interacting with the kids and how they fired up their passion for photography.
    Its just grand!
    If you wish to know more about PEG? Drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    PEG is about helping high school students. I have been sharing work of mine and other local and Nationally know photographers. When I shared Jerry Uelsmann work, they went WOW! And I could see the spark of interest come on. That's what is great. Sharing work of those ahead of the curve to those just starting.
    But this is a two way deal as well. I have brought in other local noted photographers, who come to the classroom. share their work, answer questions and sometime head outside with some of the students. Afterwards, these great folks have told me how much fun they had interacting with the kids and how they fired up their passion for photography.
    Its just grand!
    If you wish to know more about PEG? Drop me a line.
    I too have had that wonderful experience of an invitation to schools, and the opportunity to show my work; also the opportunity to view the students' first efforts, and give encouragement. It is indeed a mutual reward; the enthusiasm of the fresh eyes can be immensley gratifying.

I introduced one student to film and the silver process. He got so fired up that he did a very lengthy and excellent term paper on Group f:64.

I am not familiar with your organization, but it certainly sounds worthy of support, especially from those of us who have derived so much pleasure from the medium of photography.

Kim and Gina Weston have done much along these lines with their support of high school photography programs in the Carmel area.

I hope that you and John keep the flame burning.

I've also bring in my two RB-67's for the students to play with. We do informal portraits. I buy the film and process for them. In a way, I introduce them to pyro. I always get the question, "Why is the film greenish yellow?"
    PEG also works with other non profit organizations. We're to photograph the grand opening of the Shriners Hospital and help organize photographs for the Grand Rond Indian tribe.
    Its all fun for me and those I work with.
    To paraphrase John F. Kennedy. "Ask not what photography can do for you. Ask what you can do for photography?"

For those who are interested in signing up for the workshop. Here is the link!http://www.eventbrite.com/event/665673046

Robert B