On the original "Lost art - hand held LF, Andrew Cole made some interesting comm ents....which triggered another thought on the subject of hand held LF. My thought is that in older times, the photographer with his Speed Graphic or Li nhof, had to have the mental focus and discipline to anticipate the action. It w as one heck of an art, and quickly separated the artisans, from the rest of the pack. It didn't matter if it was the crash of the "Hindenberg" or raising the fl ag on Iwo Jima. Today, I see little evidence of this skill in LF photography wit h only a few exceptions. Perhaps this is why I have the personal view that much LF photography is incredibly boring...with the exceptions of some like Sexton, M uench (my old classmate) and a few others. Today, I just came in from a shoot wi th my Canon's. Had I wanted to do so...I could have switched my EOS-1vHS's to fu ll auto and shot 10 frames per SECOND. Kind of like an "electronic squirt-gun"! Old timers had to have the mental focus and eye/hand coordination to get THE sho t....and they were shooting a ONE frame every TWENTY SECONDS. I think that over time, the present generation has lost something along the way. Something to thin k about...perhaps?