Thread: New Epson 1900 not working

New Epson 1900 not working

I got a new Epson R1900 in March. It printed great until it stopped because it said the gloss optimizer cartridge was out. I knew I had not printed on glossy paper enough to use up the cartridge. Called Epson. They had me try five new gloss optimizer cartridges that I had bought and none worked. Then they sent me a replacement R1900. It worked fine until the same exact thing happened again: It showed the gloss optimizer was out although I hadn’t printed anything on glossy stock. I tried one new cartridge but to no avail.
    Thanks

Re: New Epson 1900 not working

welcome to the world of disposable electronics.

I have the R1800 and find that the nozzles tend to clog if it's kept powered up continuously, especially in a dry environment. You may need to power down and power up your printer daily (or at least every few days) so that it recharges the ink and clears the nozzles. This does, however, consume ink, and gloss optimizer as well.

In periods where I am not doing a sufficient high volume of prints, I find it works better with fewer clogs to leave the printer off, only turning it on to do a batch of printing-- rather than leaving it on for one or two prints per day.

Interesting, I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it started malfunctioning so I had o return it. I got my money back but still don't have a printer. It was an R1900 Epson.