Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnass Gear (no longer in business???)

Re: Gnass Gear (no longer in business???)

I also have a photobackpacker lens case (LightGear - Ultra (Multiple Lenses on 4x4 board) and I can echo the praise on the quality build. As someone who prefers a regular backpack they offer an ideal solution to keeping my lenses organised and protected - I also place the case in a dry bag as in my experience moisture is more of a worry than impact.

For anyone in the UK thinking of buying one there was an extra £19.06 in duty and charges. Their website is http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Here is the correct link (I hope) I thought I had copied and pasted, but obviously not. http://www.cartom.virtual-space.com/photop.htm
    Jim, which cases do you use (and for which lens)? How does that fit? sounds like a very good alternative to the lens wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Songyun View Post
    Jim, which cases do you use (and for which lens)? How does that fit? sounds like a very good alternative to the lens wraps.
    I use the Neo Pro Wide Mouth Lens Carriers. The small size is 4x5 and this size handles just about all my lenses (90-450) that are mounted on the Technika boards. I use the medium size for my Fuji 600C. The product # for the small (in black) is 7-66607-17201-3. They have a snug fit around the lens. I really like them. Jim

I just made an order yesterday for the photo backpacker multiple lens case, as well as a case for my camera. They seem like ideal products. I look forward to trying these out while backpacking.

I'm very glad to hear that those who have photo backpacker gear are pleased.

falth j

About PhotoBackPacker...

Don't be surprised if you get a personal phone call from Bruce, the owner, if there is a problem with your order, or if he doesn't understand something about the order.

Another thing, I had a concern for a camera case size that Bruce didn't have listed, I called PhotoBackPacker, and Bruce answered the phone, listened to my problem, took down camera measurements, and shortly a case arrived that fit my camera perfectly.

In this day and age, you can't beat that kind of service... anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    I use the Neo Pro Wide Mouth Lens Carriers. The small size is 4x5 and this size handles just about all my lenses (90-450) that are mounted on the Technika boards. I use the medium size for my Fuji 600C. The product # for the small (in black) is 7-66607-17201-3. They have a snug fit around the lens. I really like them. Jim
    600C on sinar board or linhof board?

Quote Originally Posted by falth j View Post
    About PhotoBackPacker...

Don't be surprised if you get a personal phone call from Bruce, the owner, if there is a problem with your order, or if he doesn't understand something about the order.

Another thing, I had a concern for a camera case size that Bruce didn't have listed, I called PhotoBackPacker, and Bruce answered the phone, listened to my problem, took down camera measurements, and shortly a case arrived that fit my camera perfectly.

In this day and age, you can't beat that kind of service... anywhere
    Me too. I had him make a custom interior case for my own backpack. He called to double check my measurements and made the case for a reasonable price and quickly.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

And one more thumb-up for Bruce - longer time ago I got a camera case and 2 lens cases from him. I was ordering from Germany and when the package did not arrive after 5 weeks he just sent me the same order again - for free! 2 weeks after both packages arrived. Bruce did not ask me to pay back. Later I have ordered a backpack and one more lens case (the longest one for 4x4 lens boards) - again an awesome help from his side (to get the right models). I can not recommend him and his products more.

I actually use one of his cases (the double lens case where 2 lenses should fit with one divider) for my Rolleiflex.
    Matus

Are the Neo Pro Wide Mouth Lens Carriers padded enough that you could put several into a larger padded bag and the lenses would not bang each other up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    Are the Neo Pro Wide Mouth Lens Carriers padded enough that you could put several into a larger padded bag and the lenses would not bang each other up?
    I put 4 of these into another larger padded case/container. One of the containers is one of Photobackpackers cases. I have one padded case holding a 150,200,240, and 300, and the other case (one of Bruce's) holds a 90, 110, 450, and 600. I've never had any problems with carrying them like this and they are "stacked" against each other. Jim