Thread: Epson 7800

Epson 7800

hello everyone, I am new to this group and would like to ask some questions. I use an Epson 7800, most of my prints are on canvas, I have loved this printer from the day they came out. The problem is, I was very ill for all of 2 years, no one expected me to live but here I am, trouble is the ink in my printer has dried, auto cleaning will not work and since the Medical system has left me broke, I can not send it in to epson, I wonder if any of you have had to do a serious cleaning like this and how do I do it. Since I am now among the living, it would be nice to be able to use it again.

Thanks Cudel

Re: Epson 7800

Jon Cone at Inkjetmall.com sells flushing cartridges and liquid that might help. The stuff is designed to clean out the pipes and the print head. Go to his site and then contact them and let them know what's up. They have all the good knowledge on this subject. Good luck and congrats on the being alive thing.

My sincere condolences on what must have been a very painful experience. Maybe the death of your printer was intended to take your place - looking at it positively.

I would try to follow Steves advice, above, and if possible try to find out from them what solvent is used for the flushing fluid. There might be inexpensive alternatives.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Couple of things to try.
    1) Pour a little Windex in the pads on the docking station. Let the heads sit there.
    2) Take out a cart or two is the ink still most there if it is chances are it is still liquid in the tubes.
    3) Take the cover off the head there are little filters in there that generally cause problems before anything else, ink tubes go into the filters which attach to the back of the heads. They aren't expensive you may want to just buy a new set. Easy to replace.
    4) Go on the Yahoo Epson LF site and ask about cleaning fluid, there are some home brews, or buy the Cone cartridges. If the ink is liquid in the cartridges you probably won't have to go that far.

Tom

Thanks to all for your input, I will get a chance to work on it in a couple of weeks, what's a couple more weeks at this point. I will give you an up date after I try to wake up this computer after a 2 year+ sleep.