Thread: Repair of Minolta Auto Spot

Repair of Minolta Auto Spot

I guess I'm showing my age here, but I have a Minolta Auto Spot 1 that took a no se dive off a 20 foot cliff the other day and now needs some attention. I would love to get one of the newer digital meters, but this old girl have served me f aithfully for years and I just bring myself to part with her yet. Even after th e fall it still works, but several small screws popped out of the outer cover an d the calibration is quite a bit off. Does anyone know of a place that can repa ir this older meter? Minolta want touch it. Any recommendations appreciated.

Where are you located?

Ron, you might contact Quality Light-Metric in Hollywood,CA phone # 323 467 2265. Their business card says they handle Minolta meters as well as other makes and they've kept my Weston Ranger 9 alive and kicking. Last time I had the Ranger calibrated the turn around time was extremely fast. I hope you let go of the meter before it went off the cliff! Good Luck!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Matt, I'm in Georgia. John, thanks much. I've been going through all of the old post and the Quality Light Metric name has come up several times. Regarding the cliff, I did manage to keep my footing, but almost went off myself trying to catch the meter :~)!!

Quality Light Metric is certainly the place to go and your meter will be better calibrated than before. I had all my meters of different makes calibrated by them to one standard a few years ago. They have not failed me since.

I noticed people refer to "them" at Quality Light Metric. There is only one pers on, George Milton, and I don't think he has a protoge in the wings.