Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Comments about my National Parks photographs

Re: Comments about my National Parks photographs

QT,

Your images are wonderful. I wouldn't worry so much about the criticism. You had a vision and you followed through. How many people do that? What you did was a monumental undertaking and the fact that completed the project tells me that you are one disciplined and dedicated photographer. More important than the photographs is the fact you were able to visit every park and that in itself should be reward enough. You are a lucky man.

These are so great!!!!!!! You should do it again..

In the desert...

Your project is a wonderful accomplishment and contribution. Thanks!

I've only been to maybe 15% of those parks. I think many people might say that your images aren't what they would have photographed. Well isn't that what photography is really all about. It's everyone's own perspective. During a Bob Kolbrener workshop back in the mid-eighties, Bob's first remark was that "everything in the world has already been photographed!" (bummer!) Taken at face value, as a generality, perhaps truer words have never been spoken. Then again, perhaps not. His point obviously was to motivate everyone to form their own vision, and their own style to their approach of any subject matter. And isn't that what makes looking at photographs so fascinating.

You have some very striking imagery here, that is truly compelling. I especially enjoy the ones taken in Capital Reef, Smokey Mountains, and Zion. As a collection, it shows a great deal of devotion and a very acute vision. I totally appreciate your time and effort and sharing your work.