Thread: push/slip on filters

push/slip on filters

The 21cm heliar I got, has a 0,75x57:ish thread on the inside of the front element, so if I've understood correctly one has to use push/slip-on type of filters with this lens (60mm because its technika branded)? Why is there a thread on the inside of the front element?

Problem is I'm not finding suitable filters or, even better, step-up rings. (like 60mm push-on --->67mm would be ideal) Does something like this exist?

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Anders

Re: push/slip on filters

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Korhonen View Post
    The 21cm heliar I got, has a 0,75x57:ish thread on the inside of the front element, so if I've understood correctly one has to use push/slip-on type of filters with this lens (60mm because its technika branded)? Why is there a thread on the inside of the front element?
    To assemble the lens. Welded or glued plastics did not come up for that purpose until fairly recently...

Problem is I'm not finding suitable filters or, even better, step-up rings. (like 60mm push-on --->67mm would be ideal) Does something like this exist?
    Series filters/filter flanges should do what you want, and tend to be very affordable and high quality.

Sevo

As Sevo says; the ring with writing on it screws in to keep the glass from falling out!

S.K. Grimes can make you a custom screw-in adapter if you like, and if you look, you might find a series to screw-in adapter.

Cheers, Steve

I believe a 60mm Series 8 slip-on adapter will work and does exist. Series 8 is very close to 67mm. I use these all the time with 67mm filters and have no problems.

Thanks everybody!

we were measuring the thread with a friend and he laughed at me, "good luck finding filters, mate" but I knew where to ask,and the bay seems quite well stocked =)

Anders

renes

I have always read that Heliars need push/slip filters instead screw-in. One day I checked it out with all Heliars in Compur I own and it turned out they take srew-in filters.

Heliar 83/4.5 takes 24mm (B+W filters)
    Heliar 105/4.5 takes 27mm (Zeiss Ikon S27)
    Heliar 120/4.5 takes 32mm (Voigtlander)
    Heliar 135/4.5 takes 35.5mm (Zeiss Ikon, Voigtlander, B+W)
    Heliar 150/4.5 takes 39mm (Leica)

Probably others can also take srew-in filters.

renes

Heliopan makes 58 x 0,75, it might fits.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Anders