Thread: Banquet Camera Lens?

Banquet Camera Lens?

I am starting to build a large banquet view camera. Although I have not settled on the film size it will probably be either 12X20 or 16X20 or both. I would like to know what lenses might have the coverage to reach out to 20+ inches. I have a couple big lenses but they begin to fade out at around 15 inches.

Thanks Frank...

Banquet Camera Lens?

try the fuji 600mm

Banquet Camera Lens?

A 16.5 inch dagor will cover 12x20 (how much movement available will depend on the design of the barrel) and a modern 355mm G-Claron does nicely. The 450 M-Nikkor covers the format easily, I've heard. By the time you get up to 600mm an Artar will do the job with ease, the problem is more with shorter lenses.

Banquet Camera Lens?

There's currently a wide-field 19" de Golden Busch at Midwest Photo Exchange that would cover both. It's expensive, though.

Looking into it one time, these are the lenses that I would purchase if I wanted to cover giant format. They're relatively modern, and they have tremendous coverage.

Banquet Camera Lens?

Hi Frank,

I recently embarked on the same adventure but built a 12x20 back for my 8x10. There are plenty of people who read this board who can help as well.

Dagors can vary in coverage, seeing a 12" cover 12x20 and 16.5" not and vise versa, it seems to depend on barrel design perhaps? or someone else can shed some light on why this varies. A 19" will most definatly cover 12x20 and beyond. I have a 14" dagor that covers 12x20, a 355 G Claron and a 19" dagor. A 24" artar and up will cover 12x20. Down side is most lenses that cover 12x20 and up are expensive.

On the good side I found someone who makes film holders out of cherry wood and they are very nicely made and I am thrilled with the quality. And the prices are excellent! Contact Sandy King at sanking@clemson.edu

Good luck with your project!