Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chamonix 45N-2 features REVEALED

Re: Chamonix 45N-2 features REVEALED

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    3) Add tracks to rear group sliding mechanism to further increase the accuracy and ease of focusing.

I'm not sure I understand this new feature, can anyone explain what it is and what it does? Thanks
    They added rails to constrain the fore-aft movement of the rear standard. They are visible here:

and here:

On the Chamonix, adjusting infinity focus is part of zero'ing the camera. This is done by adjusting the fore-aft position of the rear standard. On the previous version, the back was free to swing (and potentially jam) when the rear standard was loosened for adjustment. On the current version the tracks keep things true.

Compare the above to this image of the 045N-1:

Steve

Thanks I see the rail inside the rear slider, is there still rear swing, doesn't it lock the rear for a forward/backward movement? Or is the track only on one side? They make beautiful cameras. Are the 11X14 cameras the same as this model for the rear rail?

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Thanks I see the rail inside the rear slider, is there still rear swing, doesn't it lock the rear for a forward/backward movement? Or is the track only on one side? They make beautiful cameras. Are the 11X14 cameras the same as this model for the rear rail?

Curt
    There is still rear swing. There are two levers at the base of the rear standard that allow for generous movement when loosened. Truing the camera up afterward is a bit of a chore, but that is another matter. As for the 11x14...I don't have a clue. You might want to ping Hugo Zang (hugoz_2000@yahoo.com) about that.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrot View Post
    There is still rear swing. There are two levers at the base of the rear standard that allow for generous movement when loosened. Truing the camera up afterward is a bit of a chore, but that is another matter. As for the 11x14...I don't have a clue. You might want to ping Hugo Zang (hugoz_2000@yahoo.com) about that.

Steve
    Thanks very much for the information.

Curt