Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chamonix 45N-2 features REVEALED

Re: Chamonix 45N-2 features REVEALED

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Soare View Post
    45n-1 has the back swing combined with the rear slide mechanism. The slide moves not only forwards and backwards, but also sideways.
    The difference is obvious if you compare the first 45n-1 picture (first picture in the third row) to the one directly above it.

I don't know what those red and green marks are. The 45n-1 doesn't have them.
    those "red and green marks" are housings of ball bearing mechanisms to improve focusing smoothness.

So will this new Chamonix be able to use the Fujinon C 450mm on a flat board?
    Matus

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    the ability to use the 450/12.5 C lens with the optional extension rack hasn't changed since 045n1. Bellow extension is about 490mm with the rack. Both the stock and universal bellow can deal with the required extension.

mine just reached 15mins ago!!
    very excited...

Now now... where did I put my Canon G10 to capture some official opening scenes :P

some pics of the new 045n2 are available on the chamonix website

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    Full extension on the 45-N1, my 450C focused to about (didn't measure, just an estimate) 8-feet. I recall the shot, so I'll go measure it if you are interested.

Hello,

This is my first post here! I've been lurking around for quite some time now, but it's time for me to post.

I would like to know the dimensions of the ground glass/Fresnel lens/glass cover of the 45n-2.

The reason for asking this is that I have a fantastic Beattie 4x5 Intenscreen on my Speed Graphic that I would like to put on the 45n-2, if possible, so knowing the dimensions of the ground glass would help me know whether this will fit. If the screen on the Speed Graphic is too big for the 45n-2, this is fine, I will just grind it to the proper dimensions.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hello,

This is my first post here! I've been lurking around for quite some time now, but it's time for me to post.

I would like to know the dimensions of the ground glass/Fresnel lens/glass cover of the 45n-2.

The reason for asking this is that I have a fantastic Beattie 4x5 Intenscreen on my Speed Graphic that I would like to put on the 45n-2, if possible, so knowing the dimensions of the ground glass would help me know whether this will fit. If the screen on the Speed Graphic is too big for the 45n-2, this is fine, I will just grind it to the proper dimensions.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    The ground glass frame opening on my 45n-2 is 101x128mm.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrot View Post
    The ground glass frame opening on my 45n-2 is 101x128mm.

Steve
    Thanks a lot Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by esmuz View Post
    Hi guys, yesterday received an email from Hugo regarding the new 45N-2
    this is the info:

The long wait is almost over and the expected shipping date of 45n-2 is March 25th and I will start to accept payments next week.

Here are a few changes made on 045n-2:

1) The first batch of 45N-2 will have teak wood with gray or black metal. The later batches will have maple wood.
    2) Middle bed sliding mechanism changed from sliding track to ball bearing track and focus adjusting rod changed to smaller diameter stainless steel. This increases rigidity of the camera and the accuracy and ease of focusing. It has a nicer feel too.
    3) Add tracks to rear group sliding mechanism to further increase the accuracy and ease of focusing.
    4) Redesigned rear standard swinging.
    5) Improved opening of front standard to accept all standard Linhoff lens boards.
    6) Improved bellows locking tabs with the front standard to avoid any rubbing of bellows when the camera is folded.
    7) The Fresnel lens will be installed on top of ground glass to prevent possible focus shift.
    8) The 45N-2 will come with universal bellows.
    9) The 45N-2 camera will add about 100 grams of weight to 45N-1 camera due to theses changes.

I have no pictures at the moment as they are not ready yet. The 45n-2 is $860 and the EMS shipping is $65.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Hugo

Sunds pretty well.. he told me also that there is a protective glass over the fresnel, so I asume itīs like a sandwich? screen + fresnel + protective glass. I am a little bit worried about the fact that this combination cuold become dimmer than the 45N-1 screen.

What do you think about those new features?

3) Add tracks to rear group sliding mechanism to further increase the accuracy and ease of focusing.

I'm not sure I understand this new feature, can anyone explain what it is and what it does? Thanks