Hi guys, yesterday received an email from Hugo regarding the new 45N-2
this is the info:
The long wait is almost over and the expected shipping date of 45n-2 is March 25th and I will start to accept payments next week.
Here are a few changes made on 045n-2:
1) The first batch of 45N-2 will have teak wood with gray or black metal. The later batches will have maple wood.
2) Middle bed sliding mechanism changed from sliding track to ball bearing track and focus adjusting rod changed to smaller diameter stainless steel. This increases rigidity of the camera and the accuracy and ease of focusing. It has a nicer feel too.
3) Add tracks to rear group sliding mechanism to further increase the accuracy and ease of focusing.
4) Redesigned rear standard swinging.
5) Improved opening of front standard to accept all standard Linhoff lens boards.
6) Improved bellows locking tabs with the front standard to avoid any rubbing of bellows when the camera is folded.
7) The Fresnel lens will be installed on top of ground glass to prevent possible focus shift.
8) The 45N-2 will come with universal bellows.
9) The 45N-2 camera will add about 100 grams of weight to 45N-1 camera due to theses changes.
I have no pictures at the moment as they are not ready yet. The 45n-2 is $860 and the EMS shipping is $65.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Sunds pretty well.. he told me also that there is a protective glass over the fresnel, so I asume itīs like a sandwich? screen + fresnel + protective glass. I am a little bit worried about the fact that this combination cuold become dimmer than the 45N-1 screen.
What do you think about those new features?