Thread: Info: Shen Hao Bag Bellows fits Chamonix 45n-1

Info: Shen Hao Bag Bellows fits Chamonix 45n-1

Just some info for all Chamonix users who might feel the need to add a bag bellows for wide angle or 6x7 work, the Shen Hao bag bellows for the PTB 45 and TZ45 cameras also fits to Chamonix 45n-1. I've been trying to get hold of a bag bellows from Chamonix but my impatience got the better of me. I took a risk and bought a Shen Hao bellows and sure enough, it fits. Its a little snug on the front format, but the bellows frames, front and back seem to be the same shape as thos of the Chamonix standard bellows.

Thought all you Chamonix users might find this useful.

PS: the widest lens I have is the Schneider 47mm XL and it works fine with the bag bellows if you move the Chamonix rear standard forward an inch or so.

Paul

3d Visual Effects artist

Re: Info: Shen Hao Bag Bellows fits Chamonix 45n-1

I believe Vinny has been using the shen-hao bag for a while now. I would pick one up, but for my 90mm the "universal" bellows from Chamonix so far seem to be doing ok for me.
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by marschp View Post
    Just some info for all Chamonix users who might feel the need to add a bag bellows for wide angle or 6x7 work, the Shen Hao bag bellows for the PTB 45 and TZ45 cameras also fits to Chamonix 45n-1. I've been trying to get hold of a bag bellows from Chamonix but my impatience got the better of me. I took a risk and bought a Shen Hao bellows and sure enough, it fits. Its a little snug on the front format, but the bellows frames, front and back seem to be the same shape as thos of the Chamonix standard bellows.

Thought all you Chamonix users might find this useful.

PS: the widest lens I have is the Schneider 47mm XL and it works fine with the bag bellows if you move the Chamonix rear standard forward an inch or so.

Paul
    That's correct. I've been using shen-hao wide angle bellow on my 045n-1 since 2008. it's a perfect fit. When asked, Chamonix people told me that they use precisely shen-hao's dimensions for their bellow so that users can easily find compatible accessories. 045n-1 also takes shen-hao's fresnel perfectly; not sure about ground glass but I guess it's also compatible.

Wondering if anyone has taken accessories the other direction and put a Chamonix Universal Bellows on a Shen-Hao?
    My Arca-Swiss Camera Blog- The Large Format Camera Blog

My website-WildernessPhotographer

I put a Chamonix Universal bellows on my Shen-Hao HZX4x5-IIa. I wonder if that makes it a Cham-Wao ? The only thing that was different was that the Chamonix bellows has square corners and the ShenHao bellows are 1/2" angle corners. Easy job with a Dremell and a diamond wheel and it fits great.

As was mentioned, it allows easier movements with a 90mm. I have used it with the SA 72 XL but only with slight tilt. The 72 gets a little tight on the Shen whichever bellows you use although I have not tried that lens with a bag bellows.

Tim

Thanks for the post! I will remember this if I ever get an ultra-wide for my Chamonix.

Steve

Yes, Tim Thanks.

That is very interesting info.
    My Arca-Swiss Camera Blog- The Large Format Camera Blog

My website-WildernessPhotographer