Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Part # to purchase Eversmart Pro lamps from Kodak.

Re: Part # to purchase Eversmart Pro lamps from Kodak.

Ben,

I bought 3 Reflective/Transparency and 3 Table lamps, with just 1 spare table lamp.

When I get the scanner up & running this weekend, I will most probably place the order for one spare Reflective/Transparency.

If they only sold a repair manual. that would help. I would love to change out the belts on the scanner. They do dry up after time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hopson View Post
    Evan, It is good that you got the new lamps from Kodak. I think I will also place an order for spare lamps for my Eversmart Supreme. Was your order for 4 Reflective/Transparency and 2 Table lamps?

Good luck getting the scanner set up after installing the lamps. Hope everything goes well.
    Ben

Evan,

Have you checked your scanner yet to see how many lamps it uses? Just wondering because the documentation I have for the Eversmart Supreme shows that it takes 1 transparency lamp, "2" reflective lamps and 2 table lamps.

It would indeed be great to have a service/repair manual!

Ben,

That sounds about correct. There should had been (1) bulb on the top cover of the scanner (Transparency lamp)

(2) bulbs on the floating carriage directly below the glass frame. (Reflective lamp)

(2) Table lamps at the very bottom floor of the scanner bed.

That is the same setup I have for my Eversmart Jazz+. (Have 3 spare bulbs -reflect/trans and 2 table lamps and a spare scanner!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hopson View Post
    Evan,

Have you checked your scanner yet to see how many lamps it uses? Just wondering because the documentation I have for the Eversmart Supreme shows that it takes 1 transparency lamp, "2" reflective lamps and 2 table lamps.

It would indeed be great to have a service/repair manual!

Alligator Counter

The Eversmart bulb that was noted on eBay has the same ID number as those that came with an Eversmart 340 (F18/T8/90[degrees]/5K/SX5/H, part #139H00070). The operating temperature, as well as the part #, appears distinct from the Eversmart Pro bulbs discussed elsewhere in this string. I wonder if they are interchangeable?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Regnery View Post
    The Eversmart bulb that was noted on eBay has the same ID number as those that came with an Eversmart 340 (F18/T8/90[degrees]/5K/SX5/H, part #139H00070). The operating temperature, as well as the part #, appears distinct from the Eversmart Pro bulbs discussed elsewhere in this string. I wonder if they are interchangeable?
    They have a different clean window width and I am not sure how long it is (window) compared to Evesmart bulb. I believe all the rest must be OK. If the window length is the same or more I would try. If I need it, cause the lot is not expensive.

Hi! It's my first post here.

With kind regards,
    Al

Add: After some thinking I can add that at least two more geometric dimensions and angles are important. So final answer will be: who knows. And safe answer: no.

Russ,

At my old shop, we had both the Eversmart 342L and the Eversmart Supreme and Eversmart IQSmart 3. The Eversmart 324L was used more so as a transportable high quality scanner when the need arises for any Sports event (Olympics or an event where time was important in getting the latest news) We sticked different bulbs for each of our scanners. As Al explained the window width was different form the Eversmart 340 series versus the Eversmart Supreme, Pro, and the IQSmart series.

Not really sure if they could be interchange or not. For me, I rather go with the designated bulbs per manufacturer's specification.

Evan

anyone know how to get to the scanning array? i've noticed some dust artifacts (familiar to anyone having used a Betterlight). a faint streak that runs in one color thru the image. It usually means that dust has settled above it (usually on the color filter above one of the sensor arrays). I can center the head (to remove the lights), and when you open the compartment next to the lamps, you can see the optical lens.. but this sort of artifact is ususally caused a lot closer to the sensor