Thread: Epson 7600 cartridge jam

Epson 7600 cartridge jam

I purchased an Epson 7600 recently and just got around to changing my first cartridge.
    The printer came loaded with a partially used ink set.
    I have used other Epson printers in the past (4800, 7800) but not this particular model.

I followed the instructions in the manual for changing inks and haven't been able to remove any of the inks from the slots. The ink cart will slide part way out but won't come out smoothly. I've repeated the process with the power on and off and that doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm not sure if the ink lever is releasing the cartridge entirely. I don't want to force it and yank on the ink causing damage to the printer. Any ideas?

Michael E. Gordon

Re: Epson 7600 cartridge jam

That's just the way the 7600 and those carts are. You have to really jerk them loose. You can't really damage the printer, but it is possible to knock off the little 'tabs' on the cart while removing (although it won't matter).

You can use the larger 9600 cartridges too if you plan to use a lot of ink and want some quantity discount.

Michael thanks for the tip, if you give the carts a quick pull they seem to come out easily.

Alex Timmermans

BTW is you want to make perfect b&w prints use the QTR programm
    Quad tone rip

alex

Alex, I bought this machine for the purpose of making black and with piezography prints, I plan to use QTR for the printing. Ink and paper are on order and coming soon. Thanks for the tip.

...I bought this machine for the purpose of making black and with piezography prints, I plan to use QTR for the printing...
    Then you should get yourself on the http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/D...WhiteThePrint/ list. Tons of valuable info on this subject.

W

Jeremy-- We are having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out how to remove the cartridges?

quick follow up to Michael's advice. I've experienced this before with a 7600 that had some slight shipping damage, the physical fit got messed up a bit so the carts no longer easily inserted.
    You can be pretty rough, and the little chip connections inside may damage as a result, rendering the printer useless do to the restrictive sensor system. But all you have to do is turn it off, Dana or someone at Cone can help you with that... easy.
    Tyler