Quote Originally Posted by Rolando Gomez
You can now download my fifth photography book for free--it's the only one out of five that is free, the other four are available at your local book store or Amazon. There are no gimmicks, no spyware, no adware. Just download all 105 pages and print in full-color on your home computer. Over 30,000 people have do so far, don't be left out. You can preview it before you download at www.freephotographybooks.com Did I say it's totally free? Thanks, rg sends!
I came across this on ModelMayhem whilst checking another post.

http://www.freephotographybooks.com/...ic_therapy.pdf

Sharing with two motives... maybe somebody here will find it useful, and maybe somebody else will feel they wasted their time like I did?

I know it's free, but I felt a bit insulted when I attempted to read the pages. The underlying theory that photography can help somebody's self-image isn't a new theory, and it's been documented elsewhere I'm sure - I took it as axiom. The book quotes Wikipedia (if you were to quote Wikipedia in an essay in the UK, they'd laugh you out with a fail), and claims early on in large print that magazines have retouched images, only to fill the book full of blatant retouching.

Having skim-read most of the pages and had to skip the long-winded spoon feeding,
maybe I missed the point?

Kudos to the guy, I'm sure he's great, but on the strength of that "book" I'd not buy any of his others.