Thread: Epson 7600 Ink roller marks

Epson 7600 Ink roller marks

I have an epsom 7600 that I have been printing large scenery shots of the Wasatch mountains here in Utah, and now I am getting roller marks on my prints on the right side after I do 1 or 2 head cleanings. It is always worse after a head cleaning, and I cannot figure out how to stop the problem. I can clean the rollers with alcohol but that makes it worse before it gets better. I am looking for a way to prevent this or at least be able to clean the area that is causing the problem because it did not start happening until about 2 years of using the machine so there seems to be buildup somewhere that I cannot find.

Re: Epson 7600 Ink roller marks

I discovered that my Epson 2200 is very picky on paper and ink. I can only use Epson or one other paper (can't think of the name right now) without getting the ink roller marks you are talking about. I attribute that to the ink formulations (all epson ink) and paper makeup. The ink is not soaked into certain papers by the time it hits the rollers and causes a streak. Furthermore, I can smear the ink for a long time after it's out of the printer on many third party papers.

If I use Epson paper/ink everything works great. Kodak paper is by far the worst, with the ink not drying for hours. Not impregnating the paper at all.

Re: Epson 7600 Ink roller marks

Quote Originally Posted by Carl York View Post
    I have an epsom 7600 that I have been printing large scenery shots of the Wasatch mountains here in Utah, and now I am getting roller marks on my prints on the right side after I do 1 or 2 head cleanings. It is always worse after a head cleaning, and I cannot figure out how to stop the problem. I can clean the rollers with alcohol but that makes it worse before it gets better. I am looking for a way to prevent this or at least be able to clean the area that is causing the problem because it did not start happening until about 2 years of using the machine so there seems to be buildup somewhere that I cannot find.
    Carl,

I have had the same problem with my 9600 and basically what you most likely need to do is get the printer in for service. My 9600 started doing it after about 3 years of fairly regular use and basically needed a new cap assembly (or at least that was what the service technician called it). Now three years later it's just starting to do the same and I will take it in for service again. If I remember this correctly, the print head is not getting wiped clean of excess ink and it gets on the rollers. You can try to wipe the rollers clean and can succeed temporarily, but it will come back. Not sure where you are located but I would call Epson and find their nearest tech service and call them. They might be able to shed a little more light on this. The last time I took mine to the Chicago area the cost was about $425 as I recall. Hope this helps. Jim