Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kodak Ektar 100

Re: Kodak Ektar 100

I agree, not too bad, but museum lighting is more likely to be tungsten, or at least "warm", no?
    Can you try a shot at home, if you have FLs, that is.

Kumar

Received my 5 boxes from Badger Graphic yesterday, burned up the Portra VC that was in my Grafmatic this morning, will be loading up with Ektar for the evening shoot.

Definitely interested in your night shot results Ivan. I hope you post an example or two here when you get a chance.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

ARS KC2UU

Greetings everyone: Looks like the Kodak Ektar 100 4x5-inch sheets may now be in stock. I'm seeing it today listed in stock for the first time advertised on some of the major NYC websites. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.

Cool Re: Kodak Ektar 100

I just received my 8x10 box of Ektar yesterday and saw on B&H that they were out of stock for 8x10 Ektar this morning.

ARS KC2UU

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Maher View Post
    I just received my 8x10 box of Ektar yesterday and saw on B&H that they were out of stock for 8x10 Ektar this morning.
    I ordered 4x5 from Freestyle a couple of hours ago. but yes I saw the others were already out of stock. Gonna be great I'm sure to have this in LF size. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.

There's a number of negative color emulsions I love. Especially on LF, I think it has a great advantage, but even in smaller formats, it looks darn good. I would use any emulsion regardless of what it says it is as long as it does the job and this stuff is very good.

Still Developing

Here is a comparison I made between Kodak Ektar and Fuji Velvia just to see how the color separation of Ektar worked.. Please note I'm not trying to say you can use Ektar instead of Velvia or that you can make Ektar look like Velvia, just that the colour separation in Ektar is of a type that is more similar to the 'punchy' slide films than, say, portra or Pro160

http://www.timparkin.co.uk/blog/ektar100
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

Nice comparison there Tim. I do see that some work in post is necessary to match other film responses. It might be an option for me in the future, though my biggest issue is still that C-41 processing of 4x5 films is tough to find in San Diego or Houston.

Thanks!

Gordon Moat Photography