Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed Graphic on EB*y

Re: Speed Graphic on EB*y

The listings for speed and crown graphics are annoying. You have to wade through the ridiculous listings to find serious sellers. Last time I checked it seemed 75% are asking between $350 and $1,000 for just a camera. I bought a 4x5 pacemaker speed graphic a year and a half ago and spent $350 it came with tripod, 135mm lens, flash gun, cords, 61 flash bulbs, film, 2 Polaroid holders, 10 cut film holder and other stuff. I figured I paid too much, but I was sick of bidding and not winning.

The most some one will give and the least the seller will take. Thats what its worth.

If you press these sellers on e-bay you will find out they don't know anything about the cameras they are selling, or they have been "stored" God knows where, for God knows how long, and no one guarentees they will work. I bought one recently from one of these liars who left you with the impression he had just put it up. When it got here, it was a total disaster, even though it photographed nicely. The film the holders were loaded with was 30 years old. I'm waiting for Fred Lustig to give me an estimate on whether it's worth fixing, or to just junk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratched Glass View Post
    The listings for speed and crown graphics are annoying. You have to wade through the ridiculous listings to find serious sellers. Last time I checked it seemed 75% are asking between $350 and $1,000 for just a camera. I bought a 4x5 pacemaker speed graphic a year and a half ago and spent $350 it came with tripod, 135mm lens, flash gun, cords, 61 flash bulbs, film, 2 Polaroid holders, 10 cut film holder and other stuff. I figured I paid too much, but I was sick of bidding and not winning.
    if you paid too much, then I was had on my camera.
    4x5 side rf pacemaker speed (one of the earliest production run models) a three cell flash, 5" reflector, box of Ge #5 bulbs (blue coating), lens, lensboard, etc, solenoid cable.
    oh, and the side leather handle was replaced with a dog collar.
    but it fits on my dog, so no loss there.

The flash handle adds big money to the package. You're competing against star wars fans who want authentic light sabres.

Otherwise I agree many people selling these do not know what they are actually sellable for. That's good for lawnsales, bad for ebay shopping.