Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Northern California

  1. #1

    Northern California

    Anyone from Northern California area near San Francisco using Large Format?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,175

    Re: Northern California

    I'm in Modesto, is that close enough? If not,
    there are 2 excellent Meetup groups in the bay area.
    One was founded by tgtaylor, Tom is active on this forum.
    David Silva

  3. #3
    Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    834

    Re: Northern California

    There are lots of LFers in the SF Bay area; probably more than any other part of the country (or maybe even the world).
    Brian Vuillemenot

  4. #4

    Re: Northern California

    Quote Originally Posted by dsphotog View Post
    I'm in Modesto, is that close enough? If not,
    there are 2 excellent Meetup groups in the bay area.
    One was founded by tgtaylor, Tom is active on this forum.
    David Silva
    Yes Modesto is fine. I am in the Pleasanton area. I just found out today that Calypso has closed down. So where do you guys get your E-6 processed? There was a lab in Dublin but they don't do single sheets anymore unless you have a bulk. So I was taking it to Calypso and now they're closed.

    I would love to get together with folks and go shoot some stuff.

  5. #5
    Roger Thoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, Flagstaff AZ
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Northern California

    Lightwave's in SF and Berkeley, they do E-6 up to 8x10. http://www.lightwavesimaging.com/

    Roger

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    823

    Re: Northern California

    I'm in Santa Cruz, but shoot mostly digital LF (Betterlight). If I shoot film, it's Tri-x and I develop myself.

    jim

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kihei, HI
    Posts
    132

    Re: Northern California

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNikonLens View Post
    Yes Modesto is fine. I am in the Pleasanton area. I just found out today that Calypso has closed down. So where do you guys get your E-6 processed? There was a lab in Dublin but they don't do single sheets anymore unless you have a bulk. So I was taking it to Calypso and now they're closed.

    I would love to get together with folks and go shoot some stuff.
    I'm in Lafayette. I use Action Photo in Concord. They do E6 and C41 up to 4x5. I don't believe they do 8x10's though. They generally have stuff back same day or within one day, open Saturday mornings, and are friendly - good lab.

  8. #8
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    6,370

    Re: Northern California

    I am in the real Northern California -- up there beyond Santa Rosa and behind the Redwood Curtain. There are a just a few of us LF users up here. Welcome to the club!

    Vaughn

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Mateo, California
    Posts
    740

    Re: Northern California

    I'm in San Mateo. I think there are probably quite a few in this part of the world.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Posts
    231

    Re: Northern California

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I am in the real Northern California -- up there beyond Santa Rosa and behind the Redwood Curtain. There are a just a few of us LF users up here. Welcome to the club!

    Vaughn
    I'll put in a plug here for Vaughn and the redwoods that he photographs to such perfection. Vaughn is hosting a weekend of photography involving many large cameras at Humboldt State University, Oct 9-10, 2010. I'm coming down from the Central Oregon Coast. So, speaking of which: are there any LF'ers in my area. I know a couple of you in Portland and the WilVal, but anyone I don't know (yet!) on the beach? I'd love to get together a smallish group to photograph mid-summer sometime. I'd especially like this to be an opportunity for other women LF photographers to have company (male and female) in some of the more photogenic isolated areas. Also, I'm primarily a dry plate photographer, and I'm always happy to share the gist of the process on field trips.

    Denise

Similar Threads

  1. California Landscpae Photographers?
    By Darin Boville in forum On Photography
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2006, 13:18
  2. LF in Northern Spain?
    By John Kasaian in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7-Oct-2005, 13:10
  3. Photography sites in Northern California
    By Dan Dozer in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-May-2005, 12:12
  4. northern california
    By arthur berger in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2005, 20:04
  5. Northern California steam engines?
    By Nature Photo in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Feb-2004, 21:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •