Thread: Carrying Strap for Sinar P ?

Carrying Strap for Sinar P ?

The Sinar P can be awkward to carry: There's no handle, nowhere appropriate to put one, and the overall shape is... irregular.

Has anyone ever made a carrying strap for one of these ?

What would be a good material ?

I have access to a seamstress who can sew any material, and live near a large fabric supply store.

So I'm open to suggestions - including humorous ones as always - but hopefully workable ones.

If we come up with a good design, would anyone else be interested in having one, for whatever it costs to make ?

Re: Carrying Strap for Sinar P ?

I'm struggling with the same issue having just acquired a P. Took it out Saturday in a roller (cooler) box, laid it in the box upside down with padding on bottom and around camera. Not very workable, honestly.Worry about some weight on bellows being upside down,

Appreciate staying connected on the issues.

bob

I carry mine in a canvas tote-bag, upside down. It functions as a carrying strap, and keeps dust away.

I get tired of putting it in the tote-bag, and wonder if straps, placed just right, would be the ticket.

I don't think there's any way to harm the camera under its own weight. It's heavy because it's strong - and vice versa

I agree, I was thinking of the bellows. Until I can locate a proper bellows I'm using the oversized meter back I have. It alone is an issue. My plan is to order a bellows from the UK, same material that canham uses. Lightweight you bet, but I don't think anything is as tough as Sinar material.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob McCarthy View Post
    I agree, I was thinking of the bellows. Until I can locate a proper bellows I'm using the oversized meter back I have. It alone is an issue. My plan is to order a bellows from the UK, same material that canham uses. Lightweight you bet, but I don't think anything is as tough as Sinar material.

Bob
    Perhaps we could solve each others probelem Bob as I have the metering bellows and standard back that don't fit together

PM me if you think we can come up with a solution.

Cheers Dave

PM sent, maybe twice.

bob

This might give you some ideas

http://surfboardstrap.com/

Jesse

Japan Exposures

The strap is the easy part, there are plenty of carrying straps, like surfboard or even guitar straps. The question is where and how to attach it. The Sinar rail has screws for things like end caps. Would be nifty to be able to attach a strap there. Anyone tried this?

I would prefer to stitch the ends of two straps into circles, whose size is the diameter of the rail. Then slide the straps over the rails, towards the center of the camera, where the standards are. This would put less strain on the rails, and would hold the camera closer to where the mass is.