Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6 Help

E6 Help

I have the Kodak chemicals and plan on developing my first 4x5 slides this weekend using the Jobo. The 4x5 drum needs a minimum of 230cc's of developer I think. I will probably develop 2-3 negs at a time in case I screw up and would like to know if I can re-use that 230ccs of chemical for another 2-3 negs, or toss it and use fresh.

Re: E6 Help

If you get your temperatures and times right e-6 with a jobo is a snap. I would say do ten sheets and don't reuse the chemicals. Don't be afraid...

www.timeandlight.com

Thanks John. Saw your work at the Gainesville Downtown show recently. Wow, really good.

If anything like the website I would rephrase as spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Thanks John. Saw your work at the Gainesville Downtown show recently. Wow, really good.

I am going to second not reusing chemical in the Jobo - for film. My best experience is with non reusing. Although for prints you can use typically get about 3-4 runs of RA4 with a single liter especially if you use acetic acid stop between developer and bleach fix.

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    I have the Kodak chemicals and plan on developing my first 4x5 slides this weekend using the Jobo. The 4x5 drum needs a minimum of 230cc's of developer I think. I will probably develop 2-3 negs at a time in case I screw up and would like to know if I can re-use that 230ccs of chemical for another 2-3 negs, or toss it and use fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    If anything like the website I would rephrase as spectacular!
    Greg, very kind, thanks!

Coops, the Gainesville show is one of my favorites. It was nice to see you at the show!

www.timeandlight.com

To mix 230ml you'll need to recalculate all proportions and you'll end up with dangerously small amount of CD part B.

Just mix 350ml as it says on the box, use 230ml if you really want (why? jobo says 230ml min, you can have more) and if you have less than ~8 sheets reuse with no problem.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Kodak advises not to reuse the chemistry in its E-6 single-use kit:

"The bleach and fixer, along with the rest of the solutions in this kit, are designed for simplicity of use. They should not be re-used or regenerated."

FWIW, I procesed 2 rolls of 135 Velvia that I shot during the Chineese New Years Parade in San Francisco. The film expired 8/08 and the kit's expiration date was (is) 10/09. (I've been shooting color negative and haven't shot transparency in quite some time.) The film came out great! I used 6:30 for the first developer (Jobo) and Kodak's recommended temperature of 100.4F.

Thomas

youll have enough on your plate at certain steps workwise so collecting and segregating chems will just make the run too busy. I use 250 mL for 10 sheets and pay attention to the times recommended- never had a problem and the results have always looked great.

I always mix 500ml and just use 1/2 per batch. set your machine a bit higher than the recommended temp and give it time to warm up.