Thread: Books on Dark Room design and hardware suppliers

Books on Dark Room design and hardware suppliers

In the next couple of years, I may have the opportunity to build a custom Dark Room.

What books are out there addressing issues like postive pressure calculations, venting rates for fumes, etc.? Who are the distributors for lights, water filters, light tight doors, etc.

Re: Books on Dark Room design and hardware suppliers

Lots of old Kodak Darkroom stuff around, the posts in this section have some very good examples and ideas /concepts any design will be unique to your hight and width etc. but the golden rule is keep it simple stupid (KISS)
    My darkroom has been in use for 10 years and my evaperative air conditioner has provided all the venting I required.
    I use a cavity sliding door with lightight material being timber with some foam to baffle light,on the floor a timber with a groove 37x10 mm deep to baffle light which is removable in two halfs the door slides across with a latch to close the door.
    Lights ebay is your source for stuff like that pretty cheap to light up a darkroom.
    My water supply will be filtered and I have used a pura tap for 5-6 years and clean negs are the result I have a very large filter for the new darkroom water supply
    750mm long x120mm diam all my plumbing will be face fit to a splash back so easy connection points etc.
    The water supply in sth.Australia is not highly regarded some people will not drink it
    so filtration is a must.
    As for positive pressure etc is that before or after prunes
    Hope this helps.

Re: Books on Dark Room design and hardware suppliers

You could start here for ideas at least:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/ak3/ak3.pdf