Thread: problem

problem

LF and MF gear is so cheap and appealing after years of DSLR use. I can't say no to it, to a fault. It's like trading expensive cocaine for cheap crack.

I have 1 4x5 camera I actually use. It's in my car with meter,film,tripod at all times.

I have bought a second lens for it that needs a CLA before I use it.

I have bought an aerial 4x5 gowland that I need to fit a lens to. I have the lens.

I have bought an 8x10 camera that I'm waiting on a lensboard for. All the other accessories for it have arrived.

I have a yashica TLR that needs a CLA; I've had it for about 20 years, but I want to do MF again, but would rather have a camera with a meter in it. It's not in good enough shape to sell it. It was rough when I got it.

So now, I'm looking at a newer MF camera, and I have a couple cameras I haven't even had a chance to use yet.

I'm not rich; I just spend money on photography instead of booze, cigarettes, or gaming. I have a annual budget for the hobby and I'm blowing it fast.

I stay away from the bleeding edge. I'm ridicule the guys who think whoever dies with the most toys wins. But, I feel like analog photography is starting to make a comeback and when the economy improves, prices will go back up as more people regain discretionary spending. I just bought a lens for the 8x10 for $195 that costs $3600+ new.

funkadelic

Re: problem

Can you find me one of those Cooke XVa lenses for $195?

Send your TLR off to Mark Hama. There is lots of good feedback on the forums about his services. I have no connection to his business other than being a satisified customer with a 124G. It's been purring right along since he did a CLA on it a few years ago. He even replaced the corroded battery clip!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I have a yashica TLR that needs a CLA; I've had it for about 20 years, but I want to do MF again, but would rather have a camera with a meter in it. It's not in good enough shape to sell it. It was rough when I got it.
    Put it on ebay as-is. No use spending $100 on cleaning a $50 camera that you don't want to use.

If your Yashica has the Yashinon lens, get it fixed. Ugly or not, it's the best thing you can get for the price. Newer don't always mean better,in this case.